Sign in to follow this  
PeterJ

Inxpress

InXpress have been recommended for shipping fish on other forums (haven't tried them myself). Apparently the service is good and you don't have the excessive overheads up front like you do with some of the others...

It will be interesting to see what their prices are like for longer distances or remote locations and if they're still able to offer door-to-door at a reasonable price. The schlepp out to the airport has been a huge disincentive for me in the past. It takes a huge amount of time plus there's road toll charges and petrol to pay.

what a fantastic endorsement. I hope they're consistently that good.

Here is some feedback from a fellow forum member on Plecofanatics.com.

Hi Guys.

Heres some details for shipping fish that may help some of you out.

I have been negotiating with a new freight company for sending fish around the country.

Yesterday I decided to see how they would go so I shipped 2 boxes overnight to Lismore

Pickup at my place was made the very latest possible time so I could pack the fish late arvo and have them bagged for the smallest amount of time possible.

The pickup guy arrived when they said he would and delivery was made first up the following morning.

All fish arrived in perfect condition and very well looked after,the foam box was perfect with no signs of damage what so ever.

The cost was also extremely good,it cost $40 for 2 boxes,approximately 12 kg.

These people also work a bit like a broker as they source the quickest delivery times and prices from various companies that they work in conjunction with and they offer same day delivery,next day delivery and air freight.

They also offer various easy payment options which makes life so much easier in the long run.

Fastway has been the normal carrier for most people but their new pre-paid ticketing system is a joke now.

To send fish with Fastway now you need to find which zone they are going to and then buy a book of 20 tickets (1 ticket per item or box) for $258 which only covers 5kg in the box.If the weight is over 5kg you then need to buy a book of 20 more excess weight tickets for around $5 per ticket so theres another 20 tickets at $100.These prices are for our zone around here only so the further away you send to the higher the cost of the books of tickets.

If you have say 3 lots to send to 3 different cities or areas you are up for around $1000 upfront just to send a few fish,damn ridiculous and then you have the rest of the tickets laying around until you get more sales in to use them up.

Anyway the service from InXpress was perfect and i would recommend them to anyone for shipping their fish.

The fact that they offer door to door delivery saves that dreadful trip to the airport,toll costs,fuel costs and not to mention the hours involved especially if you have to contend with peak hour on the Gateway.

3pm each day is the cutoff for booking fish through to get picked up and leave that same day which is also fantastic.

Anyway here's the link to their website which has their details and contact numbers if anyone is interested in talking to them about shipping their goods or fish,I would definitely be talking to them before anyone else.

http://www.inxpress.com.au/

Hope this helps some of you guys out in the future.

Lance

www.fishgeeks.com.au

HTH,

Richard.

Edited by Richard

Has anyone else had cause to use this courier yet? Would love to know how it went.

I asked them for a quote. They don't do door to door if the pickup is from VIC, SA, or NSW. Recipients must pick up from depot.

5 kg box from Melbourne to Sydney costs $49.05.

The same size to Adelaide would be $49.05 and to Brisbane $54.25.

Maybe good for a one off if your buyer doesn't mind the cost and having to go to the depot, and you don't want to buy a Fastway booklet.

Edited by splendidbetta

When the courier company talks about 5kg or 2kg boxes I believe they mean the volume rather than the actual weight of the box. Would be good to find out for sure. A 2kg box might only be 20 x 10 x 10 cm.

Sign in to follow this