he was being picked on being small and male

I thought he wouldn't stand a chance

so home he came

IMG_2660.jpg

he had a bit of fungus when I got him

he seems fine now

sorry about the poor pic

Edited by jo oakley

Please excuse my ignorance, what is Lfs? The guy is gorgeous and I think the pic is very good. I spent hours trying to photograph my fighting fish and I found it so difficult. I don't think I could get any good pics because they are in a continous movement. Anyway that is a greta find! I hope he will be alright and have a good and long life.

All the best

LFS - local fish shop/store.

** Can you please use FAST REPLY or ADD REPLY to avoid quoting the post you're replying to? Otherwise people have to download the info twice, which is especially time-consuming when the post you're replying to contains a photo. Thanks :) **.

No worries :)

It happens to pretty much everyone til it gets explained. There is a thread about "use of quotes". We're hoping to have a remedy for it soon, which we're looking into, but meanwhile we just ask that people avoid the "REPLY button

:D :D

OMG Jo I forgot to say (in satisfying my quote obsession) what an awesome little fish that is. I love him! Usually dragons start with patchy scalation and it fills in, but not all of them get a complete 'coat of armour'. Hopefully he'll develop better overage as he grows but even if he doesn't he's got great conformation!

• 2 weeks later...

I like him more! LOL!

Sorry Jo, I didn't see your last question about why I thought she'd be monster rather than dragon. If the thick irid didn't extend onto her fins, I'd call dragon. But I am not sure anyone really knows the difference, sometimes...