Hi, New Member Bitten By The Betta Bug. We Are From Wanalta, Near Rushworth, Victoria

a_little_oc

Hi from Ann,

My two daughters are 12 and 13yrs old.

We have 10 lovely Betta boys.

We are very interested in breeding and want to learn as much as possible before attempting this.

We have baby guppies and platties that are doing well.

We have a lovely 5' community tank with river rocks, plants and driftwood, housing guppies, platties, swords, mollies, 2 bristlenoses, congo tetra, diamond tetra, a well behaved gold marble angel, neons, and a happy blue and purple veiltail.

4 boys are in a display tank in the aquarium.

We have 3 crown tails, (including a dalmation? red purple blue/green and white crown), a half moon crown (blue with white tips) a lovely apricot/orange with interesting crinkly ends on his fins, a lovely blue and purple with a half moon type tail with a long top section to his tail, and the others are veiltails.

I will post some photos later, so people can advise me on their types.

Hi, thanks everyone.

I have photos, but I have to borrow a memory card reader from a friend so I can transfer the photos, as the lead for the camera has the wrong end for this computer. So I will post them in the next few days.

Lilli, maybe angelfish get in more trouble when they have extra gang members to play with. He/she will be evicted to another tank if there is any trouble.

The betta in the main tank is a crown tail.

We love these boys. Most have become very friendly quite quickly. They come right to the side of their tanks when you go near them.

My daughter purchased the apricot one last week, and hasn't stopped talking about him.

Hopefully we can also buy a couple of good quality ones through some of the members.

• 2 weeks later...

hi Ann,i'm new to this site and was looking at the newbies and yours caught my eye as from the shocking situation victoria is in at the moment i hope you are not near the fires but if you are hope your family and friends are all safe(including your bettas)

Thanks birdy,

we are safe here, but my parents at Healesville nearly lost their house. The fire front hit them from 3 sides at once. They had very little warning, and we are so lucky not to have lost them as well. Two of their neighbours lost their houses and a friend's daughter also lost her house in that area. I'm not sure yet how many houses have been lost around Healesville yet. It has been a very worrying time. The biggest worry now, is firebugs lighting more fires.

Edited by a_little_oc