Hi From Brisbane

killi4me

Hello all,

I am keen to learn all that I can about keeping and breeding killifish.

These beautifully coloured little caught my attention many years ago but I was unable to obtain any at that time.

Previously I kept and bred Central American Cichlids in 4 ft tanks.

I am currently returning to the hobby after 20 or so years absence and am seeting up for aprox 20 smaller 2 ft tanks.

My main focus will be killifish with the occasional dwarf cichlid or other interesting smaller "unusual" fish.

I have at present a number of Nothobranchius and Aphyosemion species but have not been particulary sucessful in breeding and raising them.

I hope someone out there will be able to assist me and share with me their experiences.

John

Hi John! There are a few killifish lovers here, and I'm sure they'll be happy to have you on board too! There is a growing number of us in south east Queensland, nice to have you along! :)

Oh, just a suggestion, it is good to add your location to your member info as well, you'd be surprised how much it comes up, especially when talking water problems!

Thanks to everyone for their warm welcomes. :confused:

Please excuse my lack of knowledge regards forum use and etiquette.

I am hoping this is the correct way to send a group reply.

I happy to see that the jokers have been left in the pack. It is something that makes asking silly questions easier to deal with.

Hi John! There are a few killifish lovers here, and I'm sure they'll be happy to have you on board too! There is a growing number of us in south east Queensland, nice to have you along! :P

Oh, just a suggestion, it is good to add your location to your member info as well, you'd be surprised how much it comes up, especially when talking water problems!

A little more specific location information added. I think that most of my water problems are due to over feeding (the fish that is).

love the killi fish have you ever had Aphysoemion sjoestedti had these years ago and loved them. I am new to this forum.

Trina

Yes. Sjoestedti were the first killis I bought. They were the yellow tailed variety. I had no luck getting them to spawn in mops and eventually tried a peat set up. This provided approx 20 young. Unfortunately I only have one very young pair left. I am still hoping to source some of the red tailed variety.

Brett, you're killie me!

Welcome, John! I am envious of your 20 tanks. Would love to see photos of your set up one day :confused:

I will need a very wide angled lens. My "room" is basically a narrow corridor. Still it serves its purpose.

Hi and welcome

If you have any questions im sure Killie Me Softy will be able to help lol :)

Thanks for the offer. Many questions to follow.

Archived