Hi, From Perth

divingjoel

hi.. my name is joel and i moved to perth, australia from indonesia just 2,5 years ago..

I used to help my dad take care and breed his bettas when I was in highschool..

And I want to do it again here coz I really enjoy doing it..

I might look around the forum for places to buy me a couple or more nice male bettas to get started..

Or maybe there are local breeders out there who are currently selling..?

cheers..

joel

Hi joel, welcome to the forum! Another Perthite :) Probably your best bet for bettas atm would be someone (LFS - check the classifieds section for her postings). If you do decide to bring some in to WA its also worth wacking up a thread in the events and announcements section to see if any other Perth members would be interested in buying fish at the same time and sharing the cost of the shipping with you

Hei Lissa thanks for the tips.. I went to pet magic cannington today to check them out..

I caught my eyes on these two boys.. I might check out other places to find them more posing rivals..

I'll try to post their pictures just to introduce them to everyone.. :)

P1190077.jpgP1190091.jpg

P1190098.jpgP1190099.jpg

P1190103.jpg

=)

Hi Joel, if you are local around this area (pet magic/cannington) another good place to look would be aquotix on bannister road in canningvale. They quite often have some lovely bettas. Vebas over in O'conner used to stock bettas too but I haven't been there for a while so it would be worth ringing first if its a bit of a trek

Vebas do stock halfmoons, as do AAA. Vebas are cheaper than AAA but quality is quite varied (Sometimes its good and sometimes their fins are quite torn) and I don't think they bring them in as often...

To get the best best on quality though, you still need to get them through someone.

@Syn: Thanks so much for the info... i'll check them out soon.. :)

@TraceTrace: AAA (Aquarium Artists Australia) is in souther river (had to google that) and keep me updated with those royal blue spawns.. I'm interested in buying a young one to get my hands dirty on raising it and to make my self proud :)

@faewyn: thanks for the welcoming msg..

and I definitely gonna keep an eye on someone posts... And if any of the perthites is thinking about sharing the cost of shipping into the state (like lissa told me) just let me know.. =)

@Notorious: Thanks man... hope i'm gonna hear good news and look at the photos of your growing spawns..

and yea I scuba.. I dont dive much yet though.. haven't join a club or found a buddy yet at the moment.. The only freediving i've done was the one in the 4 metres pool when I was doing my open water course.. lol.. might want to try more of that though.. nice meeting you Notorious..

Archived