Sign in to follow this  
Chuckie

Next Shipment To Australia

*lol* no fishies for me this time - seems they weren't sent :)

Ohh well gives me more time to break in the community tank for the girlies and get it all set up, planted etc hehe :lol:

Hope you've gotten your email to say they are all in Lilli!!

Edited by Peta(&Eric)

oh Peta, that sucks!

Yes, ours are present and accounted for (assuming that one unidentified betta Jodi received was our no 6. 5 of our 6 are definitely in the country).

Bummer Peta, I'm missing one from (I'm guessing) the same seller, the same fish they also forgot to send last time (grrr), I wont say who though.

On a more positive note I'm picking mine up tomorrow, looking forward to meeting a blue dragon HMDT and an Opaque HMDT in particular :) it'll be a happy Australia Day to me :D

will Pm you Sara.

I'm a little worried as I noticed the sellers website is gone... argh. *fingers crossed* I don't have to deal with paypal!

Fishies have arrived at Abbey's place. I'll hopefully get away from work early and see them soon!

They are all GORGEOUS. The gold dragon male (Goldsmith) has better form than we expected, and great presence. He's huge!

The copper marble (Smith) is really impressive when he flares. well he's impressive all the time, but especially when he flares! He does the red gill thing.

The copper black (Blacksmith) needs some exercise to get his caudal to 180* but he was 180* in the AQB photo so I know he's got the genes for it.

Now, the ladies! The black female (Beetle) is as perfectly proportioned as she looked in the auction photo.

The copper female (Butterfly) is the jewel in the crown, I reckon. Incredible form and deportment, over 180* caudal and a perfect copper BF pattern. Better dorsal than she seemed to have in the auction photo.

Last but not least, the red dragon female (Dragonfly) has had her anal fin grow a little since the auction photo, it's a bit less blunt than it was, but still not one of those awful pointy bizzo's, and the dragon male has a better anal fin than we expected so that should hopefully balance out. Oh, and she has a 180* + caudal too. And is just adorable.

Abbey's your girl if you're after photos. Once they settle in, we may have a photo shoot.

Abbey's your girl if you're after photos.

IF?? IF?? I think you just enjoy torturing us.

And another thing...

I don't name my bettas.

Was it Abbey that came up with the names? :lol:

Funnily enough, no :P I used to have a copper marble called Smith which looked rather similar to this guy, so that kind of got used for him and and the other names just kind of evolved. It is easier to keep track of names than complicated ID/spawn numbers for me ;)

I'll be over for some photos next week, so you'll have to hold on for a little longer :lol: I don't want to stress them before they've settled in ;)

yep, unusually for me, we did name these ones, but mainly with a view to keeping track of the 3 lines. See the themes I did? The boys' all derived from Smith, and the girls derived from the copper BF. *proud*

I am looking forward to having a Blacksmith Butterfly Line :lol:

The Smith Beetle line sounds a little odd, though.

Goldsmith Dragonfly sounds like a band name!

LOL!

:D I actually really liked the names because they were cleverly constructed. They're the kind of names that can also be used as strain names if a distinctive strain develops.

Sign in to follow this