***The 2009 Ausaquascaping Competition***

:) Announcing the inaugural AusAquascaping Competition! :betta:

Entries are now open for the first ever aquascaping competition hosted by AAQ!

* Entries will close on 15 February 2009.

* There are 3 categories: Natural Freshwater, Marine, and Novelty.

* The winning entries will be selected by a poll of AAQ members.

* If you wish to enter the competition, up to 3 photographs of no more than 800px wide should be submitted to admin@ ausaqua.net by no later than midnight on 15 February 2009.

* Only the owner of the tank may enter the competition.

* You will need to have made at least 10 meaningful posts other than in the Introductions forum to enter.

* The category, photographer and tank owner must be identified in the email attaching the entry.

* Photograph colour can be adjusted for realism or accuracy only. No further modification/photoshopping is permitted.

* Entries can include tanks that have been decommissioned since the photographs were taken, ie the tank does not need to still be in existence at the date of entry.

* Photographs will be uploaded by AusAqua admins. The photographer/tank owner will not be identified until polling closes.

* Photos will be open for viewing from 16 February 2009.

* A poll will be opened in each category from 16 February 2009.

* Only AAQ members with a post count greater than 10 may vote. This is to discourage people from joining the forum solely to bolster votes for any particular individual's tank.

* Polling will close on 28 February 2009.

* Winners will be announced on 1 March 2009.

* The Winner of Best Natural Freshwater, Best Marine and Best Novelty tank will be featured on the AAQ home page.

* Banners/signatures will also be awarded to the winning entries in each of the 3 categories.

We're really looking forward to seeing all your gorgeous tanks! :betta: :cheer:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ghengis: well you never know man..I see so many great scapes in another Aussie forum, I don't stand a chance either if any of them enter here hehe~ everyone should give it a go :P

btw I'll be back on 10th feb XD 5 days for a new scape lol...

but wait can we enter a tank that have been entered to other comp perviously? And does it have to be still up and running?

• 3 weeks later...

If there's enough interest, we are considering holding the contest twice a year.

Photographs have been submitted *lol*

I will check how many posts are necessary to enter. The competition is intended to be for participating members of the forum :).

me too, i will be in the next one

by then i might have something im happy showing

compared to some of the tanks ive seen here :) im a total noob lol

the only plant that i havent killed is a lilli pad i got from my sisters dam :D

Hi guys. You will need to have made at least 10 meaningful posts other than in the Introductions forum to enter.

Also, there will only be a 2nd contest if we get adequate interest in this one.

Isn't that rule just a little arbitrary? How are ones posts to be deemed "meaningful"?? I have over 400 up, but I wouldn't call any of those even remotely meaningful... Take this one for example!! :lol:

Oh, and I'm interested...just too shame to enter, atm :)

Meaningful, as in making a contribution to the community as opposed to spamming "Hi" or "cool" in other people's threads to get the post count up.

Maybe even posts describing our decisions as arbitrary qualify.

Please have a second round, I have a good idea for the novelty section, but don't have the resources to finish it for this round. Also I think those of us who are more nervous will need a little inspiration, so you'll probably get more entries next time.

You aren't going to lose anything by entering :) I'll be giving mine a quick wipe down and chucking them in the pile, and trust me they are not show-stopping by any stretch of the imagination!

You are pretty much guaranteed to beat me, at the very least *lol*

C'mon, cameras out!