210l Rain Water Tank

Jess

Found this in Bunnings catalogue today.

This would be great for aging water and catching rain water when it rains. It even has a tap installed, which would be perfect to gravity feed into your tanks.

If you wanted to soften your water you could add peat to the bottom and silicone some mesh on the inside to filter the water through :)

rainwater_tank.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

If you have access to an old otto bin, Bunnings sell a tank nipple and brass taps for under $20. A little silicone to seal it and you have a 240L tank that also has wheels. :betta: (don't try wheeling it around full!) Of course you need to be aware of what the bin used to have in it...this one was just garden waste so now it waters my garden.

otto%20tank%20001.jpgotto%20tank%20002.jpg

Fantastic! would those attachments work on a rounded surface? I have a plastic Barrel that I want to use for fish water and was thinking about ways to use a gravity feed rather than a pump. That would be ideal :)

Hi Callatya, this wouldn't work on a rounded surface although it would depend on how large the barrel is (how big the curve is). The nipple is just a large hollow nut and bolt kind of thing. Bunnings had quite a range so maybe if you got a smaller one and got busy with some silicone you might get a seal on it.

I have 2 of these tanks which i use for aging my tank water and had no trouble at all

Only wish i had room for more of them.but at least it gives me 1000lts to play around with

I run the tap water thru a 4 micron carbon filter and then add hydrochloric acid to alter the pH :eek:

Archived