Sign in to follow this  
Chuckie

Spawning/courtship Videos?

Hey guys

I was thinking, you know how everyone wants to know when they first spawn bettas all the stuff you can't quite explain like what do the vertical bars look like? What does the 'head down wiggle dance' look like? Is my male being too aggressive? When is the right time to release the female? ETC.

Well, if you are lucky enough to see your bettas spawning and can upload some short film on it, in future we could just say "check out THIS video which shows X Y and Z".

So if you manage to get some film of your bettas spawning and are willing to share it, that would be awesome!

I've already shared this spawning video in the spawn log for this pair. You can see how badly beaten up the female is. She's displaying vertical bars. The female is assisting with collecting the eggs and putting them into the nest.

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Awesome video thanks for sharing Im going to play to my two bettas for some sex education maybe they can learn something :)

well, here's some 'after the fact' footage of my male PK tending the bubble nest. It's taken on my camera, not a video camera, and you can't zoom so it's a bit fuzzy ;)

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>"> name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Peta posted this video too :(

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>"> name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

It's often difficult to tell when dragon female's are barring up and ready to spawn. Sometimes the coating of dragon scales makes it near impossible to see. You can see it a little on this female as she swims around and the light catches her just right.

Im hoping this works, as I have no idea about sharing videos.

Sorry about the quality I used my ipod to record this.

Bill -Crown tail male and Sookie -comb tail female.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQagueInEMg

OK this should work now I have redone it with different music. The music I have used is by a favorite band of mine, they are Japanese and the song is a solo of one of the members.<br>If you like the song and want to know what is actually being sung drop me a pm and I will send you a an English translation.

Edited by Becki

Sorry Becki, your video has been blocked. Did u have music in it? Says there is a copyright issue...

Edited by shadoh

my babies JUST HATCHED, and I recorded on "film" the union, and the father caring for the babies which just hatched minutes (hours?) ago, I have been watching them like a hawk.. finally noticed some microscopic activity all around the nest! The babies gently, gently, float down the bottom of tank, the father runs over as fast as he can and scoops them up and puts them back. He did NOT like my video lens trying to get close. I do not have a great camera and it only has digital zoom, so, no really good videos of the fry yet..I don't know how to post videos in here, so here is a link:

father taking care of baby Bettas

Edited by kristinm

Sign in to follow this