Sad Morning In The Fish Room

Peta

IMG_1310w.jpg

:(

Gus didn't cope well with the move, what with already being sick and all the stuff ups with power not getting put on at the new house until late yesterday :D Got home to a very sick little man got him into a little tank with only a small amount of water so he didn't have to swim far for air... but I knew it wouldn't do much. Didn't get much sleep, went out to check on him at 4am and he must have not passed long before ... poor boy :( Put the cloth back over his tank and went back to bed and cried some more.

Kissenger is also looking a little ill so will be watching him - fingers crossed he picks up over the next day...

Not sure what it was that got Gus in the end - I'm leaning towards a really bad case of fin rot - but have to double check a few things first. Definatly puts any breeding plans on hold .... will wait and see how I feel when my aquabid girls get here.

:( yeah - had great single ray's in his tail - had a great spread (got to HM state) .. and was my most $$ fishie in my fish room (the one that should have been $50 from the pet store) .... and the other one that is sick is the one I have the white lady coming for, my copper BF :D:( hoping he greats me with a fishy dance when I get home tonight.

Awww, poor Gus :D I hope Kissinger gets better.

Just a thought but maybe it's velvet, their immunity could have been weakened by the move. There's been a lot of velvet in the water lately (I lost a nice female yesterday). Velvet can be hard to see, look very closely (or take one of your super clear close up photos :lol: ) does he look like he has a fine goldish dust on his body/fins?

Nah he wasn't - yesterday when I got home Gus's back was discoloured and looked as if it was 'fadded'/'peeling' away ... I've put it down to one of two things. bad case of fin rot or over treatment for the fin rot.... I don't think I'll ever quite know what got him in the end. Off home to see how Kissinger is doing....

:)

bugger, that sounds like exactly like classic saddleback (columnaris). You need antibiotics ASAP, and be really careful about inter-tank hygiene as it's highly contagious. Hard to cure, but do-able.

There is plenty of info here on columnaris, so try a search and see how you go and let us know if you need details. HTH!!!

crap Lilli - I think that was it... poor Gus. I want to go home and check Kissinger over now! - He was reasonable okay last night, he wasn't overly hyper - but then he never has been his always been a bit of a laid back/shy fish. His in a cube of his own - in a room of his own lol so will wait and see how he's doing tonight.

well it's 3 in the morning and I've been here since about 2 research my butt off - thank GOSH we got the net on yesterday at home...

Currently - Kissinger has a great big white/pale patch under his chin - new development - no growths or anything... he's just not looking to perky and seems to be more moody then normal....

and to add pain - Frankie is acting out as well - I'm hoping that he is just a deep sleeper and was annoyed at me for waking them all up... but he was siting at the bottom of the tank not moving, even when I tried to wake him up he didn't seem to move .... He also looked a little dull in coloring - his body reminded me of how Gus went 'brown' before he passed away Frankie doesn't have any markings/growths/spots etc... just seemed to be duller then normal and with the whole not moving thing... I've put him in a cube with a small amount of water to just make sure he can get to the top of the water etc....

hoping that I'm just over paranoid and over reacting... I just have this sinking feeling that everyone's going to get sick and I really will be fighting this one. I wish I could stay home from work ... speaking of which I guess I better go to bed as I have to be up in three hours to go to work :P:D

Keep your fingers crossed for me please!!

Don't panic chook, plenty of fish look lousy and bleached if you wake them :D Frankie is probably fine.

Absolutely be very careful with isolation procedures. Don't share anything between tanks, and anything that has touched the tank water or equipment of Kissenger or Gus shouldn't go anywhere near other tanks or fish or equipment. Feed the sickest fish last, deal with the sickest fish last.

These bacterial things are a real doozy. :P

hehe yeah Frankie was fine this morning and so was Kissenger... I swore at them for freaking me out - but then the boyfriend told me it was my own fault i shouldn't wake them up at 2 in the morning haha. Very true... Kissinger's chin area was back to normal colour and everyone was dancing for food when I feed them! I just can't wait to get them all set up in their rightful place and back to a normal routine with them!

Archived