New Aquabid Fish :)

Chuckie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you! There seem to be a few of his siblings up for auction on AQB at the moment, who are just as lovely, so it appears that he's not a fluke! It's always good to know you haven't got the sole decent outcome of a 200 fry spawn, it must so much increase the chances of perpetuating good genes :giggle:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are a few photos I took recently. I don't make any claim as to quality - but the fish can be seen, and that's the best I can offer you! Oh, I have some film of the gold PK - damn he is photogenic. I'll put that on YouTube.

Goldsmith:

Dragonfly:

Butterfly (what you can see of her, lol!)

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>"> name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Thanks everyone!

Well the following pairs are in together now:

Goldsmith x Dragonfly

Smith x Butterfly.

If anything happens I'll start logging it.

Beetle has a little injury on her back that I suspected of being columaris (*cry*) but it's clearing up nicely with a combination of salt, myxazin and melafix. I don't want to take any chances with her til she is 100% better, just in case, as she pineconed a tiny bit at one stage (it's gone away now - phew).

Also, Blacksmith is the smallest of the new bettas and there's no way he could wrap her. He had some trouble adjusting to my feeding regime, lol. He's fine with frozen and freeze dried foods now. I just need him to grow a bit more, so I am building him up with frequent small high protein feeds. Hopefully he'll have caught up within the week.

Archived