Pet Shops!

kchadwick

I was just at my local pet shop buying a very overpriced (but urgently needed) filter and over heard another customer conversation. She was picking out a betta to go in one of those awful 0.5L gimick tanks (the bowl with a fish frame around it) but wanted to know how to make him more active so the lady suggested putting 2 white clouds in with him!!!

I think the girl serving me saw me flinch, I had to bite my tongue

grrrr :(

on a happier note I finally finished putting my dividers in my new 2ft tank for my 4 boys - I'll post a pic on the weekend when it's setup :P

Nah lol, my sister lived there for about a year with her partner and they ran a...wait for it.... PUB. She called it Kali. It's also funnily enough my other sister's name but hers is with 2 L's and short for something :( I went and stayed with her for 3 days and by that time I was glad to be gone. Red earth and dust as far as the eye can see, stinking heat blah but there were some lovely little shops around, sweet little owner operated ones and I was there during some craft festival thing or something similar so it was a good day out.

More power to ya if you can handle living there! Tis not for this funny little duck

Have had a similar experience with pet stores...

http://ausaqua.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=6487

As for Kalgoorlie being the country's largest inland city...have you heard of Mt Isa?

Located 1829 km from Brisbane, 883 km from Townsville and 356 m above sea-level, Mount Isa proudly claims to be the largest city in the world; a fact born out by its accreditation in the Guinness Book of Records.

http://www.walkabout.com.au/locations/QLDMountIsa.shtml

Actually I was born there! :( lucky me

When I say large I meant population: Kalg's population is around 38 000 and Mt Isa's is only around 20 000

Pet shop's - we have 2 and they both suck (I'm an internet buyer!) and I often buy my fish in Perth then drive them back (6hrs)

hehe, we diverted off topic - please see my other thread on the overpriced filter I bought

For betta's I like Aquarium artists and Aqotix, otherwise for community fish the midland pet store are great (and on the way out), they always bag them up with pure O2 for the drive for me.

no not breeding, would like to one day but doing my PhD I have no time for it.

Archived