Glossostigma

holycow

Mine were growing new leaves at one end of the chain while the old leaves melted away one by one. Eventually the dying leaves outnumbered the live ones. Mind you I didn't give that tank the attention it needed so it's no surprise really.

What conditions are you giving your glosso? What sort/strength of lighting? substrate? ferts? CO2?

How many watts per gallon? And how far is the glosso from the light?

Blowing co2 into the tank is not really going to work but I doubt I need to tell you that. If the watts per gallon ratio is high enough (I'm guessing it is since you said high lighting) and close enough, it's probably a lack of co2. You could try diy co2, and/or a gluteraldehyde based solution, such as aquagreen's dino spit, or seachem excel.

Melting also seems to fit with a lack of co2. Sometimes glosso is grown commercially emersed. When it is then submerged into the tank, if there is not enough co2 in the tank the plant will begin to melt.

If you have not yet cycled the tank i recommend growing the glosso emersed. Otherwise, you need co2, at least DIY, and lots of light. Also, if the glosso you got was grown emerse, it may be melting off due to the change in condition. It should come back from this though. Keep the iron up to it and the co2 and see how you go.

Archived