Crowntails

Tara

depends who you're selling them to. most LFSs will want a bigger fish as opposed to a smaller one. If yours will take them, then great!

other breeders might be happy to take them at a smaller size. have they sprouted yet or is their finnage still juvenile-looking? breeders may prefer to see the fish in all its glory before committing to a purchase, as it may not be what they are looking for in their lines.

I'm just starting to be able to tell the boys from the girls , the finnage has started to sprout is , I usuallly just put a notice up at the local IGA and

I have a few people that ring up every few months to ask if I have any to sell, who have bought fighters off me before

I was thinking of going away and didnt want someone to have to look after so many. I usually dont part with them untill they are at least 3 to 4 months old.

Thanks for the feed back.

Charlie

I've sold crowntails at that size before, there were some that you could tell were male and some you couldn't. I've also sold some CT females recently that were almost a year old and out of the 9 I sent one sprouted and ended up being male. I've had that happen with VT's before also. I put 2, what I thought were females, into a large tank with a bunch of other community fish only to have one of the sprout and start tearing shreds off the female because he wanted to mate. Just goes to show that some males are quite content pretending to be one of the girls while it suits them!

Archived