Purple

Bender

My niece called her two new goldfish Philip and Orange, so in her honour this Guy is called Purple, well until I think of a better name anyway.

Image082.jpg

He's not the best form, I bought him on thursday night just for his colour. He's purple but toward the edges of his fins and on his ventral's he shows a deep dark red. The very edge of his fins are clear. His body has a mostly pinkish colour (does that make him cambodian?) overlayed with a purple irridecence. It turns out he's very hard to get a good image of, most photo's show up his blueish iridescence making him more violet than he really is. Of course taking the photo's with my phone doesn't help :) , but my good camera's battery was dead. He has a double tail, tho it's hard to see in the pics, and it seems quite even. Its as tho he's not quite strong enough for the length of his fins and his tail mostly hangs down. Maybe he spent to much time in a small container? He is picking up a little each day, today he flared for the first time, and he doesn't hide when he sees me coming anymore but comes up the top to see if I have any food. I can't recall seeing a purple betta before, can anyone point me to some pics of the standard for this colour?

lol - is he from the same place or a new one (I'm feeling withdrawal today as I didn't go to Pet city this weekend ROFL)

With the tail thing - yeah it could be that his tail being that he's a double tail - is a little heavy and that's why it would be 'limp'. He would look awesome flaring :cloud9:

He is a beautiful colour!! (see you've caught the betta bug - soon you'll have betta's everywhere!)

Oh Peta, I think it may have been a bad idea to go to Pet city :cloud9: ! I only had enough money for one, but there was at least 4 I'd like to have bought home. (They had a giant plakat there, and I finally got why so many people love them) I think in reality I'd be better of buying direct from breeders, but it's so hard to resist taking one home when they are right there in-front of you.

He does look awesome flaring, :bighug: but he doesn't hold it for long, going to be hard to get on camera. As for the betta bug, yup, definitely have it. The bookcase that was going to lifeline has been re-instated in the house to hold betta babies, and i don't even have a pair to breed from yet!

lol... damit Pet City must have got new guys in as I certaily didn't see purple in there at all!!! :D Must resist going to pet city - must resist!! All but one of my fishies comes from there :bighug:

So can't wait until I move and have a house of my own that I can FILL with fishies hehe. I actually brought two tanks of ebay last week (60 x 38 x 38) that both came with 150w Heaters - and aquaone 120 filters..... for $50 each :cloud9: They are both currently being stored at my boyfriends parents house for the day I can use them for grow out tanks :D

I think my babies will like them haha.

Archived