Great Barracks Set Up

lpiasente

I was in an aquarium in Oakleigh on Sunday and saw a fab betta set up. It had 2 levels wih 6 cubes on each level.All the cubes are like beanie boxes except they are glass. They are not joined together at all. There is a little outlet in every cube for water to filter out and a constant trickle comming from the top through another little thingy.The stand is fitted with a light. For me the boxes were too small to permanatly keep the boys in but being seperate cubes they would be very easy to clean and to card. It is also very compact. Would save lots and lots of water changes. Well worth a look if you live in Melb.

They're at a couple of LPSs, up here as well...not much of a fan, I'm afraid.. They are definitely an improvement in both size and filtration, but still

not the best way to educate a prospective customer what "proper living conditions" actually means. The fish still look bored, claustrophobic and

lifeless...

Sorry, just my 2c.

The amount of aquariums I have been in and seen bettas in plastic cups, dirty jars, tennis ball size fish bowls and dirty unfiltered unheated barracks I think this is great for them. Not something I would have. The smallest size betta home I have here is 10 litres. I also think it is a great set up if it was on a bigger scale

Archived