I Got My First Fighters! Woohoooooo!

Notorious

What kind of camera are you using? Find your macro setting. The icon looks like a tulip. Try to get as much lighting on them as possible. You might need to get your camera manual out to figure out the optimum distance you need to hold the camera when you're using the macro setting. Some cameras get confused when you try to use zoom with macro. If you're having trouble getting in focus just zoom right out and let the macro do the work. Depending on your camera you might be able to get quite close eg. a few centimetres. See if you have a setting that takes multiple shots. If you try take one shot at a time chances are the fish will move just before the camera reacts. If you don't have the multiple shot setting you'll have to anticipate. What I often do is to keep the fish carded while I'm fiddling with camera settings and checking lighting and focus. Once I'm ready I take the cards away and start snapping straight away. You want to capture the moment he reaches full flare but before he goes nuts and starts doing the waggling thing.

Nice boys. :) The aren't too bad either given it's your first time photographing bettas. You can use the flash but try to get right up to the glass to minimise the glare. The best way to photograph them is to get a small photograph tank. I use a 10 cm cube. That way they're confined to a small area and you don't have to chase them around the tank with the camera.

the colours seem a bit off for the first guy, he seems to be a multi, orange and copper? I can't tell properly.

number 2 is a black lace, seems to have some red wash in the caudal.

Number 3 seems to be a lavender Butterfly.

for thast price I wuold say they are great quality. If you want a proper reveiw of them pop them over into the Critique forum. I do think they have a lot of potential and seem to be better than a lot of LPS HMs I've seen.

They are all lovely, Nice find :D

Thanks Sara :D

Re the red wash, i dont think he has as previous owner of tank painted the back of tank with Red paint (why i dont know)

i defo wana breed #2 asap......i jus gotta find him a nice black female (which will almost be impossible here) :(

red paint? really? how odd! In one of the photos he seems clean of it so yeah I'll agree that he doesn't have red wash :D

.... red paint I just... wow the mind boggles.

He'd be welcome to come and stay with me, that's for sure :( I have some girls he might like :P

Thanks guys

Im going up to the city to check out some females today....I dont like my chances of finding halfmoon females tho.....only deltas......would a delta mum still give me a chance of some halfmon offspring? im afraid im not a full bottle on genetics

boy #1 is a VERY strange colour, almost chamelion like and changes colour, at times he seems like a cooper, then on another angle like a coopery green then on another looks cooper purple....interesting

but #2 still my fav

they have been getting fed mosquito larvae these last couple days and are very happy

I live in Rockingham

my HM's were bought @ Vebas in freo......they dont often stock HM but got a big shipment in recently.....will go back there soon to see if i can grab some more

also, pices in willeton and pet magic in cannington are worth a look too......both stock HM stock......guy at pices is a betta breeder and has 100's of fish....but not show quality im afraid

Archived