finley

Thai Shipment Date November 2008

Hi

The shipment planned for late Oct has been delayed into November, but I haven't been able to get information on exactly when it is now expected to leave Thailand. Does anyone know please?

Thanks,

Fin.

um, would the quickest way to get an answer be to contact the importer?

I am waiting to hear back from the Malaysian Exporter with an exact date.

Due to the Australian dollar being in the toilet all shipments have been put on hold. It is just been too expensive to send money overseas.

Cheers, someone

tell me about it... I picked a pricey time to buy a new lot of breeders :D

Edited by Sara_01

"Due to the Australian dollar being in the toilet all shipments have been put on hold"

?!?! But I paid for my fish weeks ago when the AUD was already trash. Now I just need to get them here. Is that not mostly a local/Asian currency process?

How old are Bettas before their fertility starts to seriously drop off? What are the chances of refunds from sellers if the fish are too old by the time they are able to leave? It's not their fault though. I hope the Malaysian exporter comes up with a date that's SOON for all of our early October purchases!

I was going to buy more too - but should I not??? Even if we are willing to pay current prices for the fish, does this mean that we won't be able to get a regular/predictable/any transhipment service to get them here?

Fin.

P.S. I did contact the importer. No reply, hence the question here because without communication I get worried.

Edited by Finley

I haven't been in here for a while, but just saw this. I bought a boy Friday and was told it was going from the farm Sunday (yesterday) so I got the impression it would be soon?

cheers

Deb

Hooray! Thanks someone-Lee!

What does that mean is the very last date we can buy anything, to be certain that it will make it onto that shipment? Maybe the 10th? 9th?

I'd be surprised if you could still be buying that late. Depends where the seller is located, how far they are from their local transhipper and when their local transhipper will be sending their shipment to join the larger shipment in Malaysia. If you're buying from a Malaysian seller you might be able to do it on the 9th but if you're buying from a Thai seller it would need to be earlier than that. If it's from an Indonesian seller then it probably needs to be even earlier. You also need to bear in mind that the fish need to be starved for 24 hours before the seller packs them. He's not going to pack anything until he receives payment. Some of the farms are a fair way away from the transhipper so an extra day needs to be allowed for local couriers. I'd advise that you confirm your selections and pay by Thursday or Friday of this week. But you must make sure that the seller understands that you're attempting to have it included in this shipment.

Ok, subject to confirmation - next shipment arriving Thursday 13th November.

Cheers, someone

Thx someone.

You indicated arrival date, or, is this the shipping date from Malaysia.

If it is the arrival date, then do you have the date when it is leaving Malaysia?

Shipment delayed slightly - arriving in Brisbane on Monday Nov 17th.

Fish will need to be with the transhipper NLT 15th.

Thanks for the info Michael - quite correct. For example, if purchasing from a seller in Rayong you need to allow for a bus trip to Bangkok (and boxes have been know to be left behind etc)

Who are you Finley? I can't find any unanswered emails. Did you make sure the email had a SUBJECT? if not it goes straight to trash.

Cheers, J

Shipment delayed slightly - arriving in Brisbane on Monday Nov 17th.

Fish will need to be with the transhipper NLT 15th.

Thanks for the info Michael - quite correct. For example, if purchasing from a seller in Rayong you need to allow for a bus trip to Bangkok (and boxes have been know to be left behind etc)

Who are you Finley? I can't find any unanswered emails. Did you make sure the email had a SUBJECT? if not it goes straight to trash.

Cheers, J

Where does the transhipper location in malay? I have a supplier who from Penang in Malay. so if i buy from him and send it to your transhipper then to queensland .

may i have that person contact detail? thanks

All transhipping is handled by Preecha Ammara in Thailand. (ammara555@hotmail.com)

If your friend wishes to send directly to the exporter then he needs to contact Preecha for details.

A separate health certificate may be required, which will be at your friends expense.

I pay for all the legal documentation from Thailand to Malaysia, then from Malaysia to Australia.

Best regards, someone

someone,

I've got a number of bettas heading your way. I'm trying to organise to have the fishes passed to Mr. Preecha as soon as possible to make the deadline for the Nov shipment to Australia. Being a first timer doing this - couple of newbie question :D :

a. delivery from brisbane to melbourne - will this always be on weekdays ?

b. packaging - if the fish is delivered in the morning - will it be okay to leave it in the packaging until evening ?

I read that the fishes will be in plastic bags (filled with oxygen) and packed into a box - am I right?

Thanks for taking the time to reply to this.

Regards,

Tony.

Tony - while others might be able to answer those questions for you along with someone - you might be best actually just giving someone a call as she doesn't get much free time to always check in on posts on forums (or pm's). I believe her number is in her posts etc - that way you can be sure a/ you know what's happening and b/can be sure you're getting the right answers as well :D

sick as a dog at the moment so have time to email from bed!

Shipping to Melbourne:

Via Australian Air Express - any day arrival. Usually consigned the evening before.

Fastway couriers - 2-3 day journey. Shipped on Tuesdays for Thursday/Friday arrival.

Fish will be fine if left until later in the evening to unpack.

All males are shipped lightly sedated - so don't worry if they are a little "soggy" for the first 24 hrs.

Do not feed for 24hrs. Keep the fish quiet (no flaring etc)

They should be fine by the next evening.

Cheers, someone

sorry to here you not feeling well someone,

but yeah thats how i sedate myself brett :)