Sign in to follow this  
Chuckie

Black copper red HM

I obtained this fish by Ann aquatic, who must be given credit for the photo.

Please critique him. He is also to be part of my "improve copper finnage" breeding program.

I note the irregularities in the anal fin. Could one of our esteemed IBC judges please comment on the extent of this as a fault for showing purposes?

Also, do people think it's genetic, or environmental?

I am also aware of the red wash, but my focus is going to be on finnage for quite a while so I'm not overly concerned by the red (as far as breeding goes).

Posted Image

It looks to me like he has shorter edge rays on his caudal, not much, but enough to be a bit rounded. DT lines maybe? thas a fairly broad dorsal and the body looks a little compact (although it holds the finnage beautifully :)) Uneven white tips on the ventrals. (bettas don't look right without them IMO :)) webbing decrease in the anal finnage, and it looks somewhat like it is longer in the centre, but thats probably the photo. He is a hottie! I actually really like the red wash *shhh*

Any other critique guys? Flex your judging muscles and give it to me straight!!

Well i didnt have to convince you too hard to buy this one :P The main problem i see is the rounded edges to the cadual and the rough anal fin. He has pretty good form though, and i like the shiny copper colour over the black on the body :P

i like the shiny copper colour over the black on the body

kind of like the popcorn reds, but in a gold and black!

I noticed in this month's Flare! that there are new IBC colour standards for metallic fish. Does anyone have a view on whether the presence of the dark "undercoat" would be considered a fault in a metallic fish judged in an IBC show? I personally LOVE the metallic blacks - the contrast is just magic.

Sign in to follow this