My Guppies

guppiness

haha - we both have good taste :)

... and sadley my poor Eric is looking very weathered at the moment :) - he got sick (white spot) and has since also gotten finrot ... his tail is much shorter - has two big splits in his anal fin :) poor boy... but he's still a cutie in my eyes :D

Nice fish, I especially like the half black male.

Your female certainly looks pregnant. From the photos it doesn't look as though you have a lot of plants in the tank. This may sound horrible but adult guppies have been known to eat their fry if there is nowhere for them to hide. If you want to breed them you should consider adding hiding places for the fry. There are several guppy breeders on this site, myself included, who would be happy to help with any questions you may have.

Yeah actually i would really appreciate your help.. i had a female who gave birth to soo many and i had a HUGE plant of that kind in there and they hid pretty good but they all disappeared so i bought a breeding net and put the female in there... but she hasn't given birth to any.... i am not sure what to do really. she's pretty aggressive towards the males and as you can see she's pretty big... much bigger than the males.

Adult females are always bigger than the males. I had a female that was part of a breeding trio, the problem was she was aggressive with the other female and the male. I have moved her into a larger colony that has 5 males and 12 females and her aggression has disappeared.

One of the things that I have noticed with my fry is that they head for the surface. In their natural environment the fry are found at the shallow edges of the streams where the adults can't reach them. Breeding traps do work for some people but in my experience they just stressed out the female and allowed her to eat the fry because they are designed for fry that hide at the bottom. All of my guppy tanks have floating plants that the fry can hide in since I can't replicate a shallow stream and I currently have over 200 fry on the grow out tanks, so this method works for me.

Yeah she def preggas. You should keep her seperate tho. I seperated my female for about two months i thought she would never give birth but yesterday i looked in her tank and sure enough she was a mummy. She still got more to give birth to yet. So dont give up hope the moment you give up is the moment she'll have them lol!!! Oh and also i noticed you have shells in the tank!! Not a good idea!!! They put salt into the water its not good for ur fish

Archived