Perfect Tank Divider Material - Plastic Canvas

finley

Hi

I have come across what seems to be the perfect tank divider material for my needs - this stuff: http://www.anniesattic.com/supplies/detail...l?prod_id=20347 . It's positioned in the tank using the plain plastic spines from document folders - the ones which slide on and off.

That company, as seems to be the peculiarly American norm, will not mail outside of their own continent. So, either I need to find a supplier in Australia or a more globally-minded foreign supplier. Any ideas, good people??

Fin :)

Good news that you've been able to find it, but darn it, I can't find any! I have scoured every single Australian online craft shop, and no joy. The closest I've come is white pieces that are too small (and too white) and black ones that are much too fine. I need the bigger holes.

So are you guys saying you've found large sheets (28cm or so) of black mesh with the bigger holes??

;)

The sheets I bought were roughly A4 size. They were white though. I didn't realise you were specifically looking for black. I didn't find it online. I did it the old-fashioned way and went into an actual shop. I don't know if they have black ones. I was looking for white ones.

hi,

have you tried plastic gutter guard?

I haven't used or seen the particular item your looking for but...

when I need temporary dividers for my cichlid tanks I use a combination of plastic drainage cell panels and gutter-guard or flywire.

The drainage cell panels like this stuff: http://www.atlantiscorp.com.au/products/drainage_cell

it's perhaps too thick for small tanks as it creates a wall around 20mm thick but is excellent for larger tanks as it can be cut to size with a saw (or it interlocks with adjacent panels when you need really large dividers) so it fits snugly with no concerns about it tipping over or sliding out of place (I've done my share of swearing at flimsy dividers in the past that collapsed or twisted out of place at the most critical moment).

I then cover one or both sides of the panel with a smaller mesh plastic like gutter guard. I found some rigid sheets around 700mm x 400mm with around 5mm diameter holes in a crazy clints shop that was ideal for me but I imagine if you talked to one of the gutterguard companies you could get different mesh sizes.

An advantage of having the cell panels is that the mesh doesn't have to be rigid so you can even use plastic flywire and if you put the mesh on one side only; the other side provides an intricate series of tunnels and hidey holes that fish just love and can drive you absolutely nuts if you have to catch said fish)

There are two sizes at spotlight. One is about A4 size and has circular holes, and one is somewhere between A4 and A3 and has big square holes. Try asking them for the plastic tapestry sheets, plastic canvas takes them to the aida cloth and this stuff tends to be closer to the wool and tapestry wool section.

I'll second the gutter guard stuff, that works pretty well ;)

Archived