Sign in to follow this  
Notorious

Aquabid and importing questions (WA)

regarding Aquabid:

a) if a fish on there is $20US, is it correct that u add another $25AUS for shipping and handling?

:) Are we in WA allowed to import foreign fish?

$20 usd for the fish. plus

$25 aud for shipping from Thailand to Brisbane and quarantine fees, plus

whatever it costs to ship the fish from Brisbane to WA.

As far as I know WA folk are allowed to import fish. I'm pretty sure a few AAQ members have already done it.

I don't really know what it costs to get a parcel sent from Brisbane to Perth. Maybe some of the other Perthites might see this and enlighten us.

From memory it cost me between $45 and $60 for flight from Qld. I picked my fish up at the airport so not sure about cost to your door. A quick phone call to Australian air Express should give you an idea.

Welcome to AAQ :)

There is a $50-$55 flat rate/base price for AAE just to ship. Then something like $1.80 p/kg fee.

For example; Flat rate $55 + 2kg box of fish (2x $2.60 =$5.20) would be $60.60 all up.

Soo $20US per fish (convert to AUS dollar)

+ and transhipper fees if any (small amount, not so sure, usually states, if not ask :lol: )

+ $25 AU QT fee per fish.

+Shipping Fee for courier/AAE.

someone's Aquatics: Importing from Aquabid, adjustments to terms and conditions as of Aug 16 2008

http://ausaqua.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4758

LFS: what countries/breeders can we bid on?

http://ausaqua.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=436

regarding Aquabid:

a) if a fish on there is $20US, is it correct that u add another $25AUS for shipping and handling?

:Drunk_Buddies2: Are we in WA allowed to import foreign fish?

Yep can be done quite easily. If you decide to go this route give me a yell and I'll give you a step by step run down on dealing with state qt and airport etc if you need.

I'm sure there is a topic around here somewhere with all the relevant info in it... will have to do a search when I have the time and see if I can locate it.

Is this it? Google found it :)

Yay the Perth ranks are swelling!

Australian Air Express in the way to bring them in. They need to pass through state quarantine (AQIS) which is done at the airport. Basically you need to bag & pack your fish and book them in on a next flight or same day flight consignment. Once they arrive in Perth they will be inspected by AQIS and once cleared you can pick them up from the AaE terminal at the domestic airport. If possible notify AQIS when the flight is expected to come in so that they can be there waiting to inspect. That way the fish are inspected asap and taken off the tarmac and into the office where the temperature is a little more regulated. Inspection is free providing your shipment arrives during their normal working hours.

If you need to send them before you fly out yourself, you are welcome to send them addressed to me and I can pick them up for you and fish sit until you arrive. If you wanted to send them to me I'll take care of phone calls to AaE and AQIS to arrange inspections etc from this end as its easy once I have a consignment note number.

Sign in to follow this