Metallic Green Or Teal Dt Pk Male

splendidbetta

I went to an LFS yesterday and found this lovely surprise. I've been wanting to buy a DT in order to use the extended dorsal trait in a Symmetrical PK line. Joep suggested that if I only needed it for the dorsal, I should buy one locally if I found one. Well, I've never found something this nice at an LFS before, so I had to have him ;) . He's my first ever DT :)

He isn't HMPK, which is fine as I need to focus on less branching anyway. His caudal split is incomplete and asymmetrical, but oh well. What's great is that his body is a normal length and appears to have no structural abnormalities :lol: A bargain at $10.

I couldn't get him to flare much today, he's still settling in.

PA151191.jpg

PA151195.jpg

PA151206.jpg

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee274/B.../2008/UB08M001/

Cheers :D

Edited by splendidbetta

Nice photos!

He is a good find indeed! Even though he isnt a HMPK least you have something to work with. In the end its a bigger achievement when you produce the fish you want from a cheapo betta. He has awesome masking too!

Edited by brettc777

Great colour,

He'll be good to use in your lines for sure. I never used to like DTHMPK but I've started using them and now I really like to look of them.

There seems to be a lot of bargain popping up in the petstores lately.

That masking is fantastic and the colour!

Will keep my eye out for a spawn log... right?

Yeah definitely wait for a spawn log eventually ;)

I plan to spawn him with a Teal HMPK F from my spawn SPS001:

AE5RJ.jpg

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee274/B...008/SPS001F001/

I also have been raising a spawn from a metallic green masked monster symmetrical HMPK male and a black dragon (white dragon body, black fins) HM female. The juveniles are coming along nicely and further down the track I might breed the DT PK to one of the females. A spawn log of this spawn and 1 other is pending :)

• 8 months later...

Sorry about your loss D: R.I.P

I go to Coburg Aquarium too xD That's where i brought my CT. They have a lot of bettas. The tanks arn't always clean but at least they don't leave them in cold water..