Random shots from today

Phil

Hey Everyone,

Was taking some pics of some plants i wild collected yesterday and decided since i had the camera out to take some other randoms.

Goyder River and Salmon red rainbow:

goderandincicus.jpg

All the fish were trying to get into this moss. Im pretty sure some of the big inortu rainbows were spawning there thismorning:

inthemoss.jpg

Smaller inortu rainbow and bosemani:

bosemanirainbow.jpg

Nice photos Phil.

Its a shame rainbow fish never come up as good in photos or under light that comes from above. Im sure more people would be into rainbows if they saw the colour they can get too in the right settings. The flash of the camera never helps there colour much.

I have had some rainbows and in the morning when sunlight hits them they colour up very nicely and actually see why they are called rainbows. I see them in the lfs and understand why people would see them and say "i dont see anything rainbow about them!"

Yep thats deffinately right. Who would know that those plain silvery coloured incisus will turn out like this when they are looked after. Mine are starting to get abit of size on th em and are getting such a nice colour to them:

incisus.jpg

Um.. steralize? lol. I left them in clean water overnight, then added them to the tank and dosed the tank with peroxide to help kill off anything on them. My plecos and whiptails loved the val the first few days eating all the algae, since eating that wild algae tho, they do seem to have been alot more active, may just be a coincidence tho.

Archived