Thread tags

Hi

Im new here

The other forums i post on have the following feature.

When u post in a certian thread, on the main page of that section, the thread u posted in gets some kind of tag/marking making u aware that u have posted in a given thread.

Seeing as the site is so big with many sections I think it would be usefull to keep track of which threads u have posted in and which thread u need to keep checking on waiting for a response to ur questions/post :)

I've noticed that functionality in other forums as well. But I think it depends what software the forum is based on. This forum uses IP Board and the other IP Board forums I've seen don't have that functionality either. It's possible that it's something the admins can turn on. But as an alternative you can subscribe to threads that's you're interested by clicking on Options in the top right corner and selecting Track this topic. You'll then get an email whenever someone responds. Or I think you can also set it to send it to you in digest form.

Edit: I meant top right corner not top left :lol:

Must contradict you there, 'razzi. Bomberblitz Forum is an Invision board, and has thread tags. I took a screen cap to show you, but

my Photoshop is caput, so I had to use MS Publisher :scared: which sucks bottom. This'll have to do...

Publication1.jpg

See the blue envelope thingy? The black spot in the middle indicates that I've posted in that Thread...

An alternative, Notorious (that I use often), is to find a Thread that you know you've posted in, click on your own Handle, and search more

posts. I'm always forgetting what I've posted where, so this trick, although convoluted, works well for me...

Umm.... well... BomberBlitz would be the last forum on the planet I'd ever look at. :) But point taken.

And perfectly understandable, too... You're probably even some lousy bloody Collingwood fan or something to boot :blink:

The answer, my friends, is blowing in the wind, the answer is...

Ehem. Sorry. There are Thread tags here... They've been staring us all in the face the whole time. At least, I think

so... Those little Folder things beside each Thread in a particular Room? You've all seen them?? Have any of you noticed

the white-out corner piece on some of those icons? It is my theory, which belongs to me, and all that it is too, that the

white corner piece denotes which Threads I've (we've) posted in... Try it. Go back past some Threads that you know

you've replied to, and even ones you know you haven't, and see if this works for you...

Adulation and praise may now commence. Thank you.

LOL. Nah... no football knowledge at all. I think you might be right about the thread tags though. But come on.... that's just tooooo subtle for my super advanced myopia. It's not even in the icon key at the bottom. :lol: But what the hell... ALL HAIL GHENGIS!! :) :lol:

There are Thread tags here... They've been staring us all in the face the whole time. At least, I think

so... Those little Folder things beside each Thread in a particular Room? You've all seen them?? Have any of you noticed

the white-out corner piece on some of those icons? It is my theory, which belongs to me, and all that it is too, that the

white corner piece denotes which Threads I've (we've) posted in... Try it. Go back past some Threads that you know

you've replied to, and even ones you know you haven't, and see if this works for you...

Bang on the money Ghengis - nicely spotted

Archived