Photos Updates - 27/10/08 - Shark-bait

Peta

I can not wait to get a set up photo tank :P

Love taking photos of my boy and girls ... I think I will keep a photo thread on here of them. (if that's okay?)

Thought I would share these three of Eric that I got while changing /cleaning his tank this weekend...

IMG_1372w.jpg

(the white patch does worry me I'm keeping an eye on his head - seems fine thus far - trying not to panic LOL)

IMG_1304w.jpg

(he's waving!!) haha

Love the detail in this one... the droplet is so cool!! And all the texture - and what's up with that 'hole'?! :balloons: (no idea - but he seems to be fine with that one too)

IMG_1300w.jpg

- here it all is even more close up - I love the 'fur' look to the bottom part! - and that hole freaks me out - lucky his tail is still looking fine though!

closeup.jpg

thanks for looking :woohoo:

it's fine to have a picture thread we all LOVE pics :P, I must say your pics are FANTASTIC! How do you get them so clean and close up!?

I'd watch that hole in his tail, black isn't usually a good colour although it looks like he's got black spots through him anyways.. but keep an eye on that hole to make sure it's not infected or starting a finrot thing.

;) Great pics, keep em coming! would love to see the girls as well :)

- yeah that shoot is pretty interesting isn't it?! I've been keeping an eye on him all week (like I always do) .. and no signs of blackness or any drop off around the fins so I think it was just something 'strange'

Trust me - I worry over these guys a lot and any sign of anything a miss and I start to worry!! Saw a white fleck on Rose - started to worry she was getting white spot - ... of couse there is nothing wrong with her.... have fussed over Luna since she got her head stuck in the plant bucket. She's currently under 'watch' as she's been a little nutty and has a smudge on her nose! :rolleyes:

I swear I'm going to be one of those narotic mothers if this is what I'm like with my fish!! :lol:

thanks for all the comments regarding the photos ..... :rolleyes: (I mean while ya pokeing fun at my speling ya could at least comment on the photos as well..... ) *goes off to sulk in the corner* ;)

thanks Kristin!! :lol: neuortic - got ya.

:thumbs: - that's Okay Rhonda :)

I've actually got a digital SLR with a macro lens. Last weekend I went out and brought some little betta cubes (10 x 10) that I'm going to use as photo tanks - along with a nice portable light. Can't wait for the weekend to try them out!! Photos should be 10 times better then - well I hope they will be :)

More photos.

FINALLY got one of Rosie showing what colour she is!! (she's the one that always drops her colour)

IMG_2085w.jpg

My boy!! hehe. (he's soooo cute - even when his giving me the monster face!)

IMG_2149w.jpg

and lastly....

another of miz Rosie - face on. I love this one :D

IMG_2118w.jpg

the last two where in the little aqua tanks (my 'photo' tanks) ... still need to get use to them and find a better location to set up. Now it's warmer I might be able to leave the girls in their tanks overnight so they get more comfy - they didn't like them at all this weekend and refused to 'colour' back up fully. (moment they got back in their big tank they where back to normal selves - checky girls)

Hey Notorious - I am, although I don't use it to much and mainly for my model - people photos - the other night i got bored and put up some photos of the fish on there, and joined up with some groups to share the photos with :)

are you on there??

I'm under Peta Possum

I am banning myself from the pet store now... I keep walking out with new fish!!!

Today it was two new boys!!

These are their first photos - a bit on the rough side as it's night tim and the only light was my specail lamp that I have to check in on the fishies to make sure they are okay...

ohh and I also brought a 22L tank which I'm going to make into a community tank for the three girls.

If you've read my post in the breeding section you'll know that once home I discovered that one of my boys had no eye! I haven't come up with a name for this guy yet, it was at one stage Captian Jack - ie eye eye matey - pirtate kind of inference... but I'm over that one now... ROFL.

Missing Eye:

IMG_2353w.jpg

... but doesn't stop him from flaring!!

IMG_2406w.jpg

he is so pretty - colour is crap in this photo - I think I feel in love with the slight white line around his fins ... very cute!!

and ..... the other fishie..... Kissinger - so named because of this... (b&W photo as the background was distracting)

IMG_2303w.jpg

- notice the lips? The little white parts make him look like his puckering up for a kiss :) (I was going to call him Harold - aka Harold Kissinger - as that was stuck in my head - but kissinger on its own seems to fit okay)

and here he is all flared up...

IMG_2341w.jpg

Doesn't show off his colouring all that wall - more metalic under lights :blink:

so yeap that's my two new fishies :D (no more after these two - I promise! haha)

and just as I really like this shoot...

this is a shoot from the other weekend of Eric's tail all healing up after his tail biting incident.... detail in this shoot is awesome!

IMG_2143w.jpg

ohhh is that what he is?! ROFLMAO

there was another two that I wanted as well - a blue one and another copper ... but sadley I think I'd have to move to have more fish - I'm pushing my luck as it is (I live in a share house :) and the 'owner' is a little uptight on water useage - lucky I managed to get the 22L tank inside before she saw me :lol: )

LOL well he'll be getting that for a little while.... I set up my divider tank with some plastic sheets so that the boys couldn't see each other -seems the sheets aren't going to work they can still tell there is anotther fish on the other side. They have been flaring at each other on and off since MG moved in. - Getting a show of 'purple' in Kissinger at the moment. He's sooo pretty.

Archived