Introduction

kingcrab

Hi all, been keeeping aquarium fish for about 20 years. Moved to the Northern Territory few years ago to pursue me career in aquacuture, at present i breed mudcrabs and barramundi. recently back into breeding fighters after few years off, great to be able to get some quality fish from overseas. hope to help spread quality bettas. Thanks.

Hi kingcrab. Where in the NT are you? I went there for a holiday a few years back and I LOVED it. Great climate for breeding bettas, I imagine! Nice to have you here. also, I hope this isn't nosy but what is your career in aquaculture? (I think I want a career in aquaculture - but I'm not sure what it means, LOL!!).

Hi kingcrab.  Where in the NT are you?  I went there for a holiday a few years back and I LOVED it.  Great climate for breeding bettas, I imagine!  Nice to have you here. 

also, I hope this isn't nosy but what is your career in aquaculture? (I think I want a career in aquaculture - but I'm not sure what it means, LOL!!).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Live near the city, great weather for fighters, no need for heaters can breed them all year round.

Much like people breed sheep and cattle, I breed fish and crabs to supply farms who grow them for market. Its not all about the breeding and growing, does involve plenty of cleaning and maintance.

Instead of spawning a few hundred fish as with fighters we produce half a million fish every few months.

Welcome Kingcrab.

I was considering moving to Tassie to do a course in Aquaculture, but seeing as I can't save $ to save my life, it isn't gonna happen this yr :)

But I did live in Palmerston (NT) for 1yr nine yrs ago :)

But welcome back to the betta, and enjoy ur time here :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A good Uni, few people at work with aquaculture degrees from there

Archived