HELP PLease PLants dieing

hay all i have a 3ft tant with about 17 plants in it was growing great until yesterday morning when i noticed my plant were looking very un healty and i couldnt work out y. i have a double aquaworld light with two grow bulbs in it a old internal filter Rather large one (but not sure on LPH) i ferterlize every day with dinosore pee. I have alge starting to grow every where so i put 2.5ml of alge clear. so any advice would be great

thanks heaps cheers matty

Can you post a pic of your plants? Or do you know the name of them. Some LPS sell crappy plants that no matter what you do will just fall apart. I personally don't use co2 ( haven't got that far yet) but I do use dino pee, dino spit and dino dung and I have great success with plant growth without co2. The dino dung is a good substrate fert, I would definatly get that and the spit as well. Good luck

hay all sorry its been so long between post my tank is about 3 months old i am only running an internal powerhead with a sponge on it (not sure how old) the light is an aqua world with two grow lamps in it (3months old brought new) i do have a jungle co2 kit (need to buy more tablets (been out gfor about a weekor two) i am looking at buying to canister filters one for my plant tank than i have a spear. now what is the best way to get rid of algle (its a darkis green colour and look like long thin tentacales growing out from it)

Not to sure how to put pics up But if u would like a pic just ask

thanks for ur help

cheers matty

Hi Matty.

Pics would Help...

There are lots of plants sold in Fish shops that were never meant to be permanently submersed....they will die

You need to get the right plants....Java moss,java ferns,anubias and crypts are all pretty hardy low light plants....no need for co2

If you have the right plants they will use the nutrients and starve the algae.....if it is still a problem there are a number of fish that will eat algae....mollies,florida flags are 2 that spring to mind.

Archived