Our fish

hdp

bomber.jpg

This is Bomber I believe he is a Crown Tail. To look at his body is darker than the picture and the fins are red to look at normally.

bluey.jpg

This is Bluey the first we brought the one that started it. Another Crowntail I belive. The colours are pretty accurate.

female1.jpg

This is one of the females we have who recently got herself caught in an ornamental rock we had in the tank. Took half an hour of dippig her in and out of the water and gently using plastic tweezers to assist her but she seems fine other than some minor fin damage.

female.jpg

I was told it is a female when purchased she was in the same tank as the other female and she was hiding from this when this one was removed she came out through a small hole instead of one of the two big holes. This one chased her around if she came out at all to the point she wasn't eating so I was left no choice but to remove her.

She is a she isn't she? Sorry about the quality of the pictures but are the best I can manage at the moment. She is actually darker to look at. We call this one Mel.

mel.jpg

Another we were told was a female but has built a bubblenest in the past and I think she is a he hopefully someone might be able to tell from this ordinary picture.

mum.jpg

Another female that we have unfortunately we have not given the females names as yet.

rain.jpg

This is rain who had fin rot which I seem to have cured as the fins are growing back nicely.

fish one and two are crowns (males also)

fish 3 and 6 are females by the lo0ks of it and

4 might be a very nicley coloured female but cant be certain... does it have the ovipositor?

5 looks to be a male.

6 has nice colouring and is very pretty.

all fish look good but 3 and 6 are showing stress marks (horizontal line running on the body)

Wow! you have a lovely little stable there! Everyone looks lovely!

Bomber is a crowntail, and quite a good one at that. Bluey's pectoral fins are amazing! He reminds me of my Sleet when he was an old man ;)

The first one of your 'girls' looks more like a male to me, and the 2nd one, Mel, is definitely a boy.

fish one and two are crowns (males also)

fish 3 and 6 are females by the lo0ks of it and

4 might be a very nicley coloured female but cant be certain... does it have the ovipositor?

5 looks to be a male.

6 has nice colouring and is very pretty.

all fish look good but 3 and 6 are showing stress marks (horizontal line running on the body)

Thanks 3 was caught in an ornament a week ago she doesn't seem to be recovering her colouring that much otherwise she seems fine 6 they don't show when looking at her are only visible in photo not sure what that means(other than I have a crappy camera).

Thanks also to Callatya especially about Mel maybe will eventually use him to try and breed but after after Bomber.

Edited by hdp

• 3 weeks later...

Overnight Bomber decided to jump through the smallest of gaps in the lid of his tank somehow despite the heater cord and so on coming through the gap with the heater in the corner he managed to jump through the gap. Unfortunately by the time he was found it was to late.

Hopefully some of the babies survive and if I am really lucky one might resemble his father.