Congratulations Brett!

Bettarazzi

Congratulation Brett!!! Explains your absence of late! I figured that's where'd you'd gone to. Hope Lauren is holding up ok after such a long labour, the poor dear but it's all worth it in the end when you see your gorgeous baby! I 2nd the photo's motion :cheer: And LOVE her name also. I bet it suits her to a tee.

WOW she is gorgeous!!! you're holding her great!!It'll become more natural though and soon you'll be carrying her around like you've been doing all your life! Is she a good sleeper/feeder etc? OMG so excited for you!! Babies are soo gorgeous, especially little girls...and her name does suit her...she totally looks like a Liberty.

Best wishes to you and Lauren and WELCOME TO THE WORLD LIBERTY!

Thanks guys.

Didnt have a good night last night, she seemed to have a LOT of wind inside of her and she was in pain and screaming for ages... i could only settle her for 20 mins over a 4-5hour period.

We always burp her to try and avoid wind. It was painful to hear her cries as im still getting use to not being panicky when i hear her cry.

Anyway went to the chemist today to get some gripe water to see if that will help. As you know she isnt that old and most of the medicines are for a month or older babies. Hopefully it works out.

Sorry, can't give ya any advice on that..burping seems the only sure fire cure and if that isn't working I'm not sure what else would..maybe experiment a little with the way you burp her? I found laying Kaleb down on my thighs then straightening my legs out a little so he ended up on a slight incline with his head pointing to my toes then bringing him up to my should right away would release so much more wind then just the regular over your shoulder patting kind, I found he also got more up if I patted his back mid way down with an upwards motion not just back and forth...imagine smacking someone up the side of the head...that's the motion u want on the mid-back but obviously not that hard! lol Unfortunately it's all trial and error, what works for one child might not work for another. Good Luck with it and I hope she feels better soon and you can all get some much needed sleep!!!

Have you guys looked into Lauren get along to a mother's group at all? I found the one I went to so great coz u get to talk with other mothers with kids the same age, if not a little older, and have been through it all before and just basically hear what works for them and it gives you a few ideas as to what to try. Getting as much info as you possibly can isn't a bad thing..it's a bit like betta breeding...you get all this different information and then u take bits and pieces and see what works for you and adapt it into your own life. I always say you have to try everything once to see if you like it, within reason and it's almost impossible to break a baby despite how you might feel with her sometimes but you'll get more comfortable as times goes on and you realise she isn't as fragile as she looks. We all go through that with the first.

Hope my rambling helped a little :lol:

Cassi

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulation

I know how you feel I have a 9 week old and he is my fourh and have found that the same thing dosent work for each child.

Like fighter's for you said its a lot of trial and error.

When Cooper has trouble with wind I lay him across my knees on his stomach and pat his back, or lay him on his tummy on my arm with his head in my hand and pat or rub him on the back.

Dummies can also help with wind, I dont use them but my sister does and it works for her baby.

Hope this helps.

Liberty is just beautiful.

Enjoy

Charlie

Archived