Pearling!

Ghengis

Finally got myself a semi-decent light, yesterday. 2x24w T5 (works out to a little over 3wpg).

Now my algae is pearling!! W'hoo! Yes! :)

...well, it's a start.

Will need to order some decent plants soon. And some Flourish to help deal with that pesky pearling algae! :lol:

16 views and no-one else excited about my pearling red algae :) Gutted :lol:

Noticed my Stricta also letting off gas last night... To think, I've been pumping (DIY) Co2 into that tank for

about two months, wondering why I wasn't getting the results that others do, and all it took was a little more

grunt in the light stakes.... I'm pretty excited, I gotta tells ya.

Question: What is "HC" the abbreviation of? Can never remember, but I want to order some.

*Mods, this is probably the wrong board for this conversation... Fell free to move, if you like*

Hygrophylia Stricta and Echinodorus. I had quite a few plants a couple months ago, but the low light and various other issues killed most of them. This is a pic of how it was:

IMG_0888_1.jpg

Still looks much the same, just fair bit less green. The (pearling) red algae is predominantly covering the piece of scoria, but also on the driftwood and plants in smaller amounts. B'azzi, I do have a siesta period during the day, to try control the algae, but once I get hold of more plants and Flourish, I'm confident of beating it. ATM, there's just not enough plant life to dominate the nutrient up take.

Thanks for the info, too, kristen :)

Cheers :lol: ....the thing is, that was about 3 months ago. As I said above, poor lighting and various other factors (one ravenous plant hungry Gourami, to be precise) mean that I only have a couple plants left. I have orderd a bunch more, just awaiting their arrival...

Since adding the extra wattage, the Brown Algae (see my "Rust Coloured Algae" Thread) has gone mental. I've not cleaned the tank for a couple weeks, preferring to wait until I drain it to add the new plants and do a rescape, but this is how it looks now (make sure you're sitting down...)

IMG_0966_2.jpg

IMG_0965_1.jpg

...and the Stricta (this, itself, has grown about two inches in the past five days, you can see the more new leaf shoots coming thru. They're the ones that aren't brown :)...)

IMG_0967_3.jpg

So, you can see, I have a fair bit of work to do on the w/end. Should look the bee's knees when I'm done, though :)

Archived