Hello all

splendidbetta

:D hello all :D I am splendidbetta, but you can call me Stefan. Najrick invited me to join this site.... Thanks Najrick :D I keep only Betta Splendens at the moment, they are really the only fish that i have experience in keeping. At the moment I have : 1 steel blue SD male (used to be HM but tail collapsed due to spaqwning related stress...) 1 royal blue female SD, her spawn brother royal blue rosetail SD, and 1 steel blue female SD. These fish are from Edie(thanks Edie). I also have a few VT females from my previous spawns. I am also raising the 24 day old fry from the steel blue HM and royal blue SD i mentioned earlier. They are growing pretty fast, already the largest are 1.5 cm long and most are 80% colored.....royal blue and steel :D I estimate no less than 100 - 150 fry, but there could well be 200..... Apart from breeding and raising bettas, I love taking photos of them withmynew digital camera :D:D:D ( yes it finally happened, for those of you that got bored of my photoless fry updates :D ) I also enjoy rollerblading, reading books by Tamora Pierce, Katherine Kerr, Elizabeth Kerner, and Victor Kelleher. I also enjoy long periods of browsing the internet, particularly the fish forums.... :D Well, thats a bit about me, what else would you like to know? :scold: Um, can someone tell me what happens when I use one of those Emoticons that have the selection dot next to them at the very bottom of the posting page? What are they for, do they become part of the posted message or are they for the title of the post ? Thanks in advance...

Hi Stefan, and welcome :scold: the lil emoticons on the bottom of the page are for the topic title. Just a lil extra something to catch ppls attention :D good luk with your fry. I'd be laughing if I had anywhere near 100 fry. I've got a week and half old spawn that are hopefully the right size :D well enjoy browsing thru here, and meeting all the old faces around here :D

Hi Stefan :scold::D Another piccie monster! We love pictures!! :D Can't wait to see your fish and fry :D Katherine Kerr writes fantasy doesn't she? I think I've got a couple of hers floating around my bookshelf. I'm a big fantasy fan. Mainly David Eddings, Raymond E Feist & R.A. Salvatore but I'll read anything with elves, swords, sorcery or goblins in it :D

oh and i forgot, i also have the steel HMs brother, a small steel SD. thanks Robbie for explaining what those emoticons, i like them, great idea! and i hope you get some nice fish from your spawn :scold: Mouse, yeah, Katherine kerr does write fantasy, in fact, she is the very best fantasy writer i have ever come across. i have read most of her Deverry series (i think thats what they were called) at least twice.... so yeah, thanks, and im looking forward to beiong able to browse this forum....it looks great, and its good to see all the old faces around :D and i plan on posting my spawn progress in the spawn log forum thats here, too :D

Hi Stefan, it's great to see you here. I like fantasy novels too, especially Anne Rice (especially the Vampire Chronicles, although after Memnoch the Devil I kind of lost interest) - and of course JK Rowling! I have read the Hobbit but have to confess I haven't braved LOTR just yet - it's a bit intimidating, LOL. It looks impressive on my bookshelf though :scold:.

hi Bettabgood, yeah, i do prefer blues and greens, only way i can get any greens is to use my royal blues... :) and im going to get into copper golds and metallics to breed once my current spawn grows up... and yes, we must all have excellent taste in novels. hi Lilly :) good to see you here too. i have read J.K.R's books, shes a good writer, i have read the hobit, but i too havent really braved the LOTR books either, i got the series when i was 10 but it just went too strangelly for me to understand then and i gave up after the first bok, and havent given them ago since then....i dont really like that kind of epic adventure theme........too extreme, IMO. oh, and hi Phil :D

Archived