Sign in to follow this  
fighter boy

male pk

hay all.

just thought id share a pic or two of my male plakat.

dont go easy and tell me what you truelly think.

i like them because of the natural colouration and body image.

also woul you cal this a traditional plakat?

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z153/bo...91/P1010705.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z153/bo...91/P1010704.jpg

umfortunatly not good pics but it gives you an outline and a bit of colour to work with.....

Edited by fighter boy

*Puts on a Bettarazzi voice & clears throat*

Well according to the IBC show standards, released in June 2008, he would be what's called a traditional or wild type plakat, he has the following faults..................... crappy photo's: minus 4 points

Not looking at the camera: minus 3 points

Just jokes...no idea what Bettarazzi would say and I'm no expert on critiquing fish but I will give you my opinion.

I don't think he's a 'traditional type' more just common. I've seen them alot at LFS's in the female tanks (pointed 2 out to the dude when I was there yesterday and he didn't see too impressed). I think his colour is nice, he wouldn't be a HM PK but his fin spread is fairly large and pointed so he may come from HMPK stock further back in his lineage. I think it matters more what you think of him then what others think. as long as you love him that's all that matters. I don't think he's show quality but he's definitely a keeper!

Ciao

haha. good old michael (not that hes old or anything).

thank you for the kind words cassi.

i had a feelinghe was what you call traditional but to me he is too common to be special... i do love him and ive spawned him with a similar female pk. they both share the same colouration in the exact same form. with the blue irrid body colour and the red fins with the dark green branching through the tail.

i think he is a keeper and i am truelly happy with him. he is a great father except for his lack of nesting ability.

atr first he made a very **** poor nest and now after his first spawn he has a new one for me every day... the last one which i destroyed tonight was around an inch thick and about 4cm or so wide. it was huge!!.

i think he makes them bigger and better every day. from now on im going to measure them and compare the difference at the end of each week. i swear there getting bigger every time.

as for the fins. i like his tail. its nice and wide and i personally prefer the over long extended anal fin. his is a little shorter than what i like but stil its a god one.

he has a strong body which i would suggest be a good shape for fighting as he would pack a wollop.. (not that i condone such events and cruelty)

he love eating his guppy juvie and fry.... had 4 all to himself yesterday... mr pig.

coming to think. i havnt named him...

what do you think? any suggestions for a name?

I wont critique youre fish. But if you are going to show them take advice given (IBC show standards)

If youre not going to show them it all boils down to do you like them? It doesnt matter if you have VT. CT.SD.HM.RT.PK. and so on. Its what you like!!

I wont critique youre fish. But if you are going to show them take advice given (IBC show standards)

If youre not going to show them it all boils down to do you like them? It doesnt matter if you have VT. CT.SD.HM.RT.PK. and so on. Its what you like!!

fair enough mate. i was just wanting you all judge him so as i have any idea of what you all think.... just personal oppinions of what you think and what his faults are.

Edited by fighter boy

Sign in to follow this