Pshyco girl

jusdeb

Oh dear my girl fighter has gone nuts......I have just watched her swimming around the top of the tank , sizing up my guppies and ramming them into the glass.

Not just once either she is in full attack mode.

Ive been losing guppies for no apparent reason so I say she is to blame.

I now have a male guppy swimming backwards and obviously shocked and injured.

She has been sin binned and is now safe in her padded cell.

But now what will I do with her. She cant play nicely.And I wont have anywhere to put her for quite a few weeks when I get my 4 foot tank up and running.

My Guppies are to be line bred and I cant have her killing them off on me. Nasty girl.

I'd say she's defending her perceived territory from the invading guppy hoards :P jar her up and treat like any agressive young male until your new tank is available or keep her in her recreation cubicle - a little time out won't hurt her.

cheers

Introduced four Guppies into my 70 yesterday, after giving the Red Eye Tet's the heave-ho. So far there have been no real issues, except a coupel times when a guppy got a little too close to my girl and she had a go at him. I'm really hoping this is not a trend that will continue, or end up like your situation... Keeping these Tropical fish is a mission! They're all so bloody territorial!!! Grrrrr!

Archived