planted tank on the right track

P7090007.jpg

I have removed the aqua one canister and am now running an e-heim 2215 and aqua one internal 102F

the only thing I am a bit concerned about is the e-heim intake is on the left hand side behind the thick plant mass so hopefully it still works well set up like that

Thought I would post a pic one week after the re-scape, this weeks pics is not great as its not quite in focus but the growth is evident.

I actually think I need to trim and replant the plants on the left hand side already and I have not even added root tabs yet

P7080004.jpgP7150001.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

since the second picure I have done a big trim, this was a couple of weeks ago, everything trimmed to half the height of the tank that was at the surface

2 weeks later it is like this - the hygro has grown up and gone the full length of the tank on the surface. The Val has grown up, forward and then comes down the front of the tank and touches the gravel. Ambulia at the surface baby tears near the surface. The growth has been quite outrageous and was never expecting to have to do such major trims every fortnight.

2-aug-tank.jpg

The plants seem happy

I am dosing

NPK 3 tmes a week - using seachem range but have dry powders ready to go as soon as I use up the bottles I have now

N reading at 10ppm

K have no idea

PO4 reading at 1 ppm

Iron and traces 3 times a week, using flourish for trace

Having problems with green spot algae which I though was because phosphate was 0, but increasing my phospahte to get a reading now means it may be more light duration related. need to play with this as I am cleaning the glass each week and it keeps cmoing back.

Anyway here are some pics

2-aug-pearl1.jpg

2-aug-pearl2.jpg

2-aug-pearl3.jpg

Archived