bored and inspired

mjd271169

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...what do you do with the box after lifting it off...? Obviously, it will be connected to the wall via the light chord, so do you have a place in mind for it to sit? And once

you move the light from the tank, what will you have to illuminate whilst you work??

Very probing questions, I know...maybe Tracy Grimshaw should handle this case :D

you didn't read me my rights so I am pretty sure this can't be used against me in a court of law

cord for the light box will run up the back of the support with enough play that when remove it can rest on the floor at the side.

illumintation for major work will come from the aid of a cheap clip on light fitting from bunnings, this will clip on the top of the support and be permanatly plugged in to the sockets that will be in the cupboard. As I plan to have this diagaonally across a corner the clip on light will rest on a hook on the back of the stand when not required

Just had an idea. Depending on the amount of room behind the tank (you say it will sit diagonally in a corner), you could lift the hood and reverse it on it's stand, so it's out of the way, but still providing light... Just a thought.

The team from A Current Affair will be at your place, tonight.

So I am standing in the lounge room and turn to the good lady wife and say. This corner would be great for when I finish the stand,

She hits me with the bombshell, I don't want it in the lounge room!!

Negotiations are currently in progress :dontknow:

The current affair crew will be covering the irony of one of the most relaxing hobbies being the central point for domestic tensions

compromise achieved

remove the light box - this is the thing she does not like

put the stand and tank in the dining room, this room flows off the lounge anyway so from the sofa I can still see it diagonally across

now once I finish the stand I can start a thread on setting up the tank. :D

haha. just how many tank do you have in the lounge room?

my mum is the same at the moment.

its fun isnt it.

Just the one in the lounge, seems to be the limit and it is only a little one

this has been through about a thousand makeovers

currently my betta tank

also has

4 khuli loaches

6 white clouds

4 serpae tetra

1 otto

P8190001.jpg

OMG! How long have I been away? This thread has grown by about 40 posts since I last looked! So do I understand correctly? All the work on the light box was for naught? Sounds like you need some acting lessons.

Here's how the script should have gone:

MJD looking pleased with himself

MJD: This corner would be great for when I finish the stand.

Wife: I don't want it in the lounge room.

MJD drops jaw, looks shocked

MJD: What do you mean?

Wife: You heard me. You're not putting that thing in the lounge room.

MJD slumps into an armchair looking completely dejected and says in a low, quiet voice:

MJD: I worked so hard on it

MJD turns away and pretends to wipe away a tear

MJD: I don't know why you're punishing me

MJD exits and doesn't speak to Wife for the rest of the day and only perfunctorily in the days that follow. Three days later Wife returns home from shopping to find fully set up tank taking pride of place in the lounge room.

Before Wife can say anything...

MJD: If you don't like it, you move it.

And with that he pulls his pants up and cracks open a beer.

MJD: Did you get any sausage rolls? I invited the guys over to watch the footy.

:D

Disclaimer: This story is a product of Bettarazzi's overactive fantasy life and any resemblance to real people present or past is purely coincidental (apart from being highly unlikely).

• 2 weeks later...

That is quite some imagination there, B'azzi!

A small thing that concerns me with your story, though...

And with that he pulls his pants up and cracks open a beer.

:D

...one can only cringe at the inference given in a man setting up a new tank with his pants down... :) Could it really

be that good looking.....?? Someone call the RSPCA!!! :o

Any updates, mjd?

Minds out of the gutter!!! I didn't mean that his pants were down around his ankles!! It was just to underline that he was in fact wearing pants as opposed to a skirt. :P See... it's because with you young fellas, your bodies haven't changed so that your pants keep slipping down.... no... hey wait... but you guys always wear your pants in the slipped down position. :scared:

I beg to differ. These pants are belted above the waist, my hat is always forwards, my earlobes aren't stretched to resemble those of a Masaii warrior, and I don't talk like the white version of P.Diddy. Furthermore, my body bears no scars of depression induced incisions, I don't have a long fringe covering my right eye and I don't enjoy the wailings of teenage angst driven music, played by bands with names like "The Used"... :P

lol. i dont think there are many of us bearing that discription on this forum.

im into the 80's rock like black sabbath, alice cooper, led zeplin etc....

i wear my pants firmly at waist hight. what is the world coming to when people have there pants that far down youd probebly be better off wearing nothing or investing in a belt.

got pics of the final peice yet?

Archived