Sydney trip end October

Liz40

Just keep in mind the Newcastle /Central Coast people will be starting 2 hrs before you! What time does SLS open? IF not 9am we may have to start somewhere else. Can't waste time waiting for a shop to open. Who cares that it's Sunday morning. Could we start or finish with one close to an F3 exit just to help us out. Thanks I soooo can't wait. Hubby is booked and I'm free.....+ petrol.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, that sounds like it, LOL. It's not on my train line so I only ever drive past and don't pay heaps of attention. But there is a bridge and a river near it... Klara, what about you? How will you come to be in my car?

Yes folks. We need to be mindful of time. If possible, we should stay in the confines of the city area as much as possible. Parramatta I think is too far. I'm estimating 3 to 4 pet shops. That's a gamble as we all will be meeting, chatting and lunch will take a god couple of hours. We need to factor that all in. I would love to see SLS. Other than that I don't mind where we go. :drool:

When Paul and Anna (siblings) heard about it they wanted to come too so looks like dad is taking us after all :P , I'll bet Matthew our littlest fish keeper would enjoy the ride too depending on what mum says. Where are we all meeting? Is it Lisa's house or the first aquarium stop? City area is not so good with our bus, we can never find parking, everything seems to be underground and our vehicle can't go under anything lower then 2.4m. I can't go more them one day :P , it's hard enough conning dad into dropping me off to one aquarium. Auburn MUST be done, it has bird stuff too :lol: . Takes our family, 3 adults 8 kids 1 hour to eat, and the kids are very slow at eating, I recon we can finish around that time if not beat it. Are there any aquariums in or near big shopping centres? We can get lunch from their food court. :P

apart from SLS, none of the aquariums we are talking about are anywhere near the city. I think that the original plan was to go SLS -->lunch at brighton (hopefully on the beach if it is a nice day) --->St George --->Auburn(?). Sensible for everyone to meet at SLS sonce ppl shouldn't have to drive from north to south/south west to my place to back east again to get to SLS. My place is the pitstop for ppl further west than Liverpool, really :lol:. If we have time left over, maybe H2O. I'm not sure where it is. That's just my opinion though.

I think that sounds like a plan lisa. This whole thread dosent seem to be getting anywhere. Firstly, i think the most important factor is: WHO IS CLOSEST to liz and can pick her up? Secondly, I think a proper list can be put together. I think starting at SLS would be the best option since everyone knows where it is. After SLS, i think ST George should be the next stop since it is close. After that mabey Lunch, and then mabey Auburn, after lunch is not so critical since people can break off if need be. If anyone wants to add something to that, please do, it is getting close and it is VERY important that we wrap up all the details :D :D

lol, do we have a "salute" emoticon!

I cant see one, but i think there should be one LOL :D

I actually would prefer lisas suggestion and go to Maccas, mainly because it is basically across the road from St George (and we basically have to park in the Maccas carpark if we want a spot) it would cut out wasting alot of time :D

Mango, we will deffenetly be picking you up from the station in the morning, i will let you know when once we work out a start time for the day.

The 2 i think we should ask first about a start time is Jo and Di, since they have to come all the way from Newcastle

:D:D

May I ask, what the MUST SEE LFS are? You seem to want to cover a rather large area and unless you know where you are going and how to get there you may become lost, unless you can read the UBD :) I live close to some of the areas you are thinking of visiting. I live in the Sutherland Shire but travel often to Randwick and usually visit SLS on my way home. If you travelled the route I do you go straight past B&C aquariums at Matraville, nothing real exciting but the cleanest LFS I have come across. Then down Foreshore Drive along Port Botany until you vere left at the overhead bridge which is General Holmes Drive. Onto Grand Parade at Brighton-Le-Sands. A right turn at President Avenue all the way to Princes Hwy. Turn right here, and ST George Aquariums is just up the road. Not too far away on Ramsgate Rd, Ramsgate is a place called "The Living Jungle . The Living Jungle is fish & birds (for Fuzzy Dragonfly). If you then backtrack the way you came but go to Princes Hwy and hang a left down to King Georges Rd. Turn right at King George's; follow this road to Beverly Hills; Strictly Aquariums .

These may not be on your MUST SEE LFS but that is 5 LFS.

Just trying to help you guys cover a few LFS that are in the same area. Hope I haven't messed up your plans.

Here are some addresses.

SLS

632 Anzac Parade

Kingsford

B&C Aquariums

490 Bunnerong Rd

Matraville

ST George Aquariums

625 Princes Hwy

Rockdale

The Living Jungle

140 Ramsgate Rd