Sydney trip end October

Liz40

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bummer :) , My driver is probebly not going to be available (but I'll see what he says when it gets closer to the date - I'll have to do some serious sucking up :P ) . Shame I can't drive the bus. So if it's not too much of an inconvinience can I organise a carpool with someone? Just as a backup. I'd be happy to pay the fare for the day :( . I have not got the foggiest idea when it comes to fancy food restaurants, I'll leave that up to you.

So the plan is to cover

St George

Bexley Bettas

Tropical Waters

Pets Paradise Burwood

SLS

Auburn

H2O

And we have a group coming from Ryde and a group coming from Holsworthy, one from Newey and possibly a group coming from Klara's way. Have I missed anyone?

From experience, that is WAY too many shops. Taking into account that you can easily blow 2 hours at SLS, again at Gavin's and again at St George, and the driving time and food requirements, we are going to have to edit that listing.

The most I have heard of done in a day was 7, and that was only 3 people in one car with a set plan of what they wanted :)

I think those 3 are my top choices too. I quite like Auburn and I do think it is worth the trip, however it is about 1/2 hour from Central with no traffic. If it comes to it, we could always split into 2 after lunch i guess, but it kinda defeats the purpose a bit :) So hard, we all need berocca so we can get a 27 hour day!

Has anyone been in touch with Gavin? Bexley Bettas will not be possible if he's not in the country/otherwise available. Also, my vote is definitely AGAINST a fancy restaurant for lunch, I really don't think that's necessary, it's expensive and will take a lot more time, which we may not be able to afford if we have a few shops to get around to. I personally would prefer to stop off at Brighton Le Sands on the beach, say for takewaway fish and chips etc between SLS and St George. There are heaps of takeaway places at Brighton, some more er, sophisticated than others, and if we make it a picnic we get a good chance to sit and chat and move on at our leisure. Thoughts? Maybe we should also bring along anything for swap/sale, like on the Newcastle trip?

These are the 4 i would like to go to: St George Bexley Bettas Tropical Waters H2O But am more than happy to go to the others :) I think we should find a cheap place for lunch - more money to spend on fish, and one think i have learned on trips like this - You always need more money :lol:

Hang on, hang on...what if I wanted to go to a fancy restaurant??????? This is my visit too ya know!!!! :fish: Heh, heh...just jokes. Fish n chips is fine with me. But...I do have one request...a good coffee thanks folks. I reckon 4 to 5 petshops is realistic. You won't do 7. Who is picking me up from the CBD?

Archived