Sydney trip end October

Liz40

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

definitely St George.  Um...  Riverside's probably too far, isn't it?  I know it's Fuzzy's favourite.  And SWFH is DEF too far!  Anyone got a map?

Should still be cool enough for SLS, but boy can it get SWEATY there in summer without the AC!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah It's my favourite because it's just down the road from me ;) . Hands up anyone that has a LFS in walking distance....well I do!!! And they have darn rare fish there. Unfortunately fish heath has gone downhill there recently ;) . Must have been some sick fish from a shipment, hopefully it'll be under control soon.

Burwood has a pets paradise with awesome CT, import quality!!! I've seen crossrays, CT with darn near HM spread, even some interesting orange spot and pineapple VT. No matching females unfortunately. Burwood also has Tropical Waters Aquarium, they just recieved a shipment of CT thanks to yours truely ;) who alearted them to different varieties of betta, not bad for their first off shipment. I'd like to see them ordering female bettas next time, health of fish is pretty good there, got an interesting selction and are bargain prices.

Yagoona strictly has some killer plakats on occasion, but you have to go fresh after a shipment. Beverly hills branch has had DTPK with a nice even split.

Punchbowl Marine life has had some interesting DT with small dorsals rather then the characteristic massive spinelong dorsals.

In Canterbury, living rock aquarium hasn't got much of a selection on bettas but pretty good on other fish.

Overall Burwood would definately be worth a visit The Pets paradise and TWA are within walking distance and there is a Westfield there so you can have lunch.

Oh and of course SLS but that goes without saying.

Pink fishy we own a 15 seater BUS !!! beat that :lol: .

want to see some Burwood Pets paradise fish (you've seen them before) - they have heaps more at this quality and better mainly red cambodian and marbled $14.50 or $13.50 each (can't remember the exact price):

Posted Image

Very bright light brought out the red in him, he's a peppy fish definately going to try and spawn him sometime.

And of course Simba, he was my favouirte CT, I didn't have him for long, after spawning he developed an agressive case of velvet and died. I didn't have any Protozin on hand ;) , shame I couldn't save him, I really miss this little fella.

Posted Image

we will of course need to stop somewhere for lunch. So, what are the proposed aquariums again? I am definitely keen to include St George, which isn't too far from SLS. Where else is feasible if we start on that route? Once we work out the itinerary we can decide what to do about lunch, where to meet and when.

Might be too much to fit in in one day, but we could try :) I'd invite you to mine, but er, it doesn't exist yet :byebye: Where it does exist is way away from the city, and in the family room at my P's, so maybe not a great idea :thumbs: Did we want to go to Gavin's? Thats right near St George. Anyone know if he'll be home then?

I'm coming all the way with u guys :byebye: St George would be good visit when they have new imports, otherwise pretty boring...They used to have nice DTs there...ask them if they can do the imports a week before the visit :thumbs: Gavin should get new imports by that time, wouldn't he???

It just occurred to me to ask - where is this St George you're talking about. I know it's south and was assuming sutherland area? Edie and I live fairly close on the north side - anyone else up our way who wants to join my little bus? I know Gavin is expecting a shipment sometime soon - he's getting me some red girls so that would be just beautiful timing if I could do a visit and pick-up. Lis

Excellent.  Right if we can avoid the city I'm all for that too.

I'm wondering if we start at Auburn, then Burwood (there's is the world's best Yum Cha restaurant there according to my chinese friends) then across and down to St George and then up to Maroubra for the finish.

???

Lis

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yum Cha @ burwood ;);):no:

Compared to the city and many places :no::no:

If we are going to the city...I can get a discount @ a yum cha place in Market City ;) Its called the Dragon Star Resturant...IMO thats the best yum cha place...thats why ppl line up for 3hrs to get a table :lol: But, with me I can grab a table like there is no tomorrow and on top of that an easy 10-20% off discount. :lol:

Know that restaurant extremely well - have dinner there fairly regularly during the basketball season and was at a wedding there recently. Didn't know they were wonderful at Yum Cha too. You obviously speak the right language to get us in although I'm sure they'll recongnise me as a regular now :lol: Lis

not to be a pain (well, even if I am a pain, LOL) but is there a phobia called "fear of driving into the city"? Because I have that phobia. I'm sure there must be somewhere in Kingsford that we could get yum cha after SLS, rather than trying to drive and park buses and cars in town.

Archived