Average Price for Blackwater Extract

Tammy

Hey guys, I can buy 150ml bottle of blackwater extract for $18.90 Is this the going rate or am I being ripped off. Also, what does everyone think about it... Do you use it? If you do, when do you use it... just for spawning or all the time. As always, thanks for your input. Tam :lookaround:

I think that is too high, i am sure i have seen it for around $8 a bottle. Depends what you want to use it for really, i think that if its for bettas, Kepatang extract from someone is deffenetly the best :lookaround:

Hi Tam,

Blackwater is OK but Ketapang Extract is definately better. If your spawning then either is a must.

You can get Ketapang from someone cheaper than you can Blackwater too. $18.90 --- Ouch :lookaround: You didn't happen to buy that at Gladstone at one of my LFS did you? They charge like wounded bulls too.

This link should take you to someone's post (For Sale - useful stuff, Dry goods for Bettas): http://ausaqua.net/index.php?showtopic=289

I use the extract with every spawn attempt. If I have Indian Almond Leaves I will thrown one of those in as well.

Btw:: Does anyone know where to get Almond leaves? We've run out. And I'm damn sure the tree up the road is not the same sort. The leaves look the same. It discolours the water the same. But it doesn't smell like IAL. I've experimented on a few VT's with no ill effects but I don't think it is adding anything beneficial either. I'm not game to "test" it on a spawn though.

Pat.

Age of Aquariums (aquariumproducts.com.au) at Browns Plains is always good value. They have a standard freight charge of $7.50 per order, regardless of how many items. They have AZOO double blackwater 250ml for $16.50, or $28 for 500ml. Their prices on water conditioner, Myxazin, Protozin, Melafix etc are very cheap too.

Great guys. Thanks for your thoughts. I have contacted someone and I will definitely be taking her up on some Ket Extract but was holding off until I put in my fishy order (I am moving next month and want to wait until I get settled) Also, for when I can get all us West aussies together to try and save on air freight. Thanks again guys for your help. :betta:

Depending on exactly when your shipping in Tammy I'd be interested in joining in with freight. When you've got a rough date, it would be worth putting up an "ATTN Perth People - shared freight opportunity" thread as not everyone always has time to read every thread and may miss it if its submerged in another thread.

Thanks Mouse, I will definitely post something up about shared freight. I am going to wait until I move (end of oct) before I do my shop from someone... I will need to extend my credit card by the looks of all her lovely fishies and accessories! If you want to do something before then I will order early and just have to move them with me!!!

Archived