Anyone have ideas?

debstep

Hi all Am looking for ideas- we have been offered a fibreglass 10 000gallon water tank which was burnt in a house fire so is the undamaged bottom part only (about 2 feet high cut off) if we want it as a growout tank. It is about 10 feet in diameter and has a raised piece in the centre about the same height as the sides are now that you could use to attach wires to to string across to the edges. Is it worth the effort to get it home ? - we can fit it under the house (we have a high house not enclosed under- could use spring/summer only obviously. What do you think?? Deb & step

worth it IMO, i mean, make a judgement call when you see it, but I would. Even if you can't use it for bettas in winter, you could always have a winter breeding plan with something like paradisefish or WCMM that could grow out while the bettas rested :cheer:

excellent idea. I'd say go ahead. Like Abs said, even if u don't use it for bettas during winter, u could always breed something else in there during. also, if u really want to, maybe add a cple of heaters and maybe even partition off sections, so that way u can use it for bettas all yr round :D

Archived