My New Addition!

Anasfire

I do love my Veronica Mars that's for sure!

I have been considering getting an Oscar before I start breeding fish, to put unfortunate fishys to good use, but in all the places I've asked about oscars no one mentioned they would eat my hand too! Perhaps there is a less dangerous alternative, but I do so love the oscars, there's something about the way they look straight back at you I find captivating.

Yeah Oscars are like the puppy dogs of the Fish world, you can train them to do tricks too. Had I know this I would have started Logan a lot sooner but I'm going to start Veronica soon also. Going to teach Logan to swim through a hoop for a food reward and Veronica to ring a bell for one. Logan only ever goes for my hands when he is over excited at meal times other that that he's terrified of them. He'll eat a pellet from my fingers if it's held just below water level but not if I submerge any part of my hand or arm. Veronica on the other hand doesn't care much at all, she'll attack my hand for food the moment it enters the water, she never actually draws blood and it's more of a nip and shock than a bite.

If/when I ever manage to achieve this feat I'll post video of them doing their tricks. It'll be good for when I finally have them in the 4ft together coz I'll be able to tell them apart by who does what trick at meal time as their markings are fairly similar even now!

Logan has a large internal AquaOne Filter which gets a clean out once a month or so when I do a water change, I also gravel vac when I water change and man does he poop a lot! Veronica is in a 2 ft with an internal filter and gets a 30% WC once a week.

Archived