Kitz's ADA Iwagumi

Wow! Great pics of the shrimp!

Hey, Kitz, can you give us some links to pictures of Iwagumi tanks that use a blue background? I think the concept of it looking like the sky is really interesting. In the three Nature Aquarium books by Amano, which really revolutionised the way people thought about planted tanks, all the pictures show a black background. But that was a long time ago and I'm sure even Amano has developed his ideas since then.

Yeah, I like the second one more as well. Maybe if you're more used to Western aesthetics then the blue looks wierd. But from other points of view it looks natural.

So what's the go in competitions, Kitz? No one uses black anymore? Blue is what everyone uses these days? I did notice that the one ranked 139 is much more blue than the one ranked 1. ^_^

Yeah, I like the second one more as well. Maybe if you're more used to Western aesthetics then the blue looks wierd. But from other points of view it looks natural.

So what's the go in competitions, Kitz? No one uses black anymore? Blue is what everyone uses these days? I did notice that the one ranked 139 is much more blue than the one ranked 1. :)

I think its a personal choice thing... When I went to buy the background I wanted to get black too but my frd just tell me there are not much people using black for either hobbyist or in comp.. therefore I went for blue..There are people uses black background but not as much...I might try black on my next one when I back to Melbourne^^

I am going to get some fish for this tank tomrrow... will upload some pic tomrrow night~

Aww poor kitz is getting picked on by his AAQ buddies... haha... do what you like the best kitz and dont listen to us bullies hehe.

Really its a personal choice as you said, if you wanted black then get it. I reckon its doing what you feel looks good rather then what everyone else is doing.

For my personal choice black and grey look nice!

Hey kitz.. is there anyway to hide the heater in the back behind a mound/hill of ADA soil?

Aww poor kitz is getting picked on by his AAQ buddies... haha... do what you like the best kitz and dont listen to us bullies hehe.

Really its a personal choice as you said, if you wanted black then get it. I reckon its doing what you feel looks good rather then what everyone else is doing.

For my personal choice black and grey look nice!

Hey kitz.. is there anyway to hide the heater in the back behind a mound/hill of ADA soil?

haha.. no worries man... if no one pointing out the things they dislike then there will be no improvement :)

and you can't really hide the heater in my tank but what I could do is take out all the equiment when I want to take pictues?But seriously I can't be borther XD

Today one of the light box burned off some how when I try to change the Light tube, lucky they aren't that expensive here -.-

• 3 weeks later...

It has been really busy for me for last couple of weeks ... we didn't do water change for 2 weeks lol and the tank went full of algie, so we decided to take out everything to clean it and redo it again. Also we are using Co2 bottle instead of the DIY one now so that we dun have to change the diy stuff every week.. we've still got the CRS but they are in another tank atm.

CIMG4702.jpg

CIMG4703.jpg

CIMG4705.jpg

CIMG4701.jpg

• 5 months later...

Archived