DT MAGIC

BettaBred

There has been a lot of interest in this DT so l thought a thread of his own was worthwhile as this really is one of the best deportments you will ever see in a HM DT.

He came 1st at Aquarama this year in the DT class. I also sercured two spawn sisters so hopefully we will see some good breeding results, at the moment tho l am just enjoying looking at him,l hate the thought of those wonderfull fins being damaged in the spawning process.

Enjoy, Steve.

Posted Image

Girls are no where near as pretty, funny that :thumbs: and both are DT which l always thought was not the way to go but after discusions with Preecha Amarra, Wasan and a couple of other master breeders in S.E.Asia they are pairing this way with excellant results so fingers crossed.

DT x DT will just give u lots of DT LOL That's why it would be fantastic to get DT off the guy :D Maybe u ought to find ST for him too, so u can have DT carrier for next generation. Now, where do I put my name on the fry-list?? :D

Nah...DT x DT is OK, unless u keep it for 5 gens!! Inbreeding is NEVER good for more than 4 or 5 gens anyway. It's just that in DT u would see the "result" much faster imo, in the form of deformities :D What I have no chance to play around is....what happen if F4 from X is crossed to F4 of Y? At this point, they're both heavily inbred and chances they will have some of the bad genes already....ahhh....gotta find some good stock to play around with The question is then....what generation of DT do u get there Steve? :) He looks much robust and strong, so it'll be a long way from deformities :D

Fin damage on male is only happening when the female is agressive. All u have to do is make sure the female is NOT agressive, which could ended up batterred female lol. Difficult to mention now, but it may just me....I usually don't have the males torn, it's the females that ended up torn. My males torn cause of the plants LOL (* that teaches me not to use plants lol *)

yup, he is a stunner!

Is the photo of him in your tank Steve or a pic from Stingrays?

This is the photo I took of him in the competition tanks at Aquarama.

Posted Image

Definately eye catching colour and superb deportment.

To answer Lisa's question - the anal fin has some ray distortion and is not completely level. He also has the short first ray in the dorsal common in DT. The anal is also a little long. The biggest fault is colour - if it were strictly an IBC show he would probably be best in form & finnage as he does not qualify as a marble - and there is no class for AOC. Non IBC sanctioned shows (like Aquarama) can be more flexible on their classes!

He is one awesome fish though and was in the final 3-4 for knockdown to BOS.

Good luck Steve, and great job maintaining the fins if that is what he looks like still!

(I had nightmares of this guy chewing in quarantine - even though he was in a 3L tank and carded! - He's a good boy!)

Cheers, J

;)

someone the pic is the one from Stingrays and l have managed to maintain his finnage so far probably due to being kept in a fairly large area, you have seen my barracks which each compartment is 6 litres so he has room to move and flair. I was interested in your comments and would like to have been at Aquarama to see how they judge which l know is a hardtask in S.E.Asia as the standard is so high and fiecerly contested.Thats a great photo you took maybe we need a workshop on fish photography to help everyone with there fish photo taking skills.

Thats great Sue as you can see l am not the greatest at taking shots of my fish.

This photo was taken this morning and as you can see this guys fins are still all intact and he still shows great deportment.This is him just cruising around not flaring at anyone but look at the strength in his rays.I was concerned that he was specialy groomed for competition and that his rays would collapse soon after but so far so good. ;)

I will update this post over the next few months just so everyone can see how he goes in breeding and deportment.

Posted Image

What is this betta austalis magazine Sue (bettabegood) mentioned. Can I get on a subscription list??? There seems to be this whole little australia betta community. I would love to check it out if I can. Are there any shows coming up on the west side that I could attend? I would love to see how it all works. Thanks guys from Tam

Archived