Sign in to follow this  
Bettarazzi

Courier frustrations!

Well what happened to Lilli in this post happened to me on Wednesday. Taken me all this time to calm down. Basically I called the courier (who I'm sure I'm not allowed to identify but hopefully everyone knows who I'm talking about) for a pick up on Wednesday. The driver said he would pick up after lunch. At 4pm when he hadn't arrived I called to remind him. At around 5.00pm I called again and he said he was still coming. At 6pm his phone was turned off. So I had to unpack the fish, put them back in their tanks and chuck out the heat pack. I reckon they're just in the business of scamming you out of your money. That's why they make you pre-pay the labels. They then offer such a terrible service that you don't want to use them. Then they refuse to give you your money back. They basically get paid for doing nothing. Nice work if you can get it!

When I use to work as a Storeman we had a transport company that works on the exact same system. I worked for a Computer Store and we were getting a $2,500 laptop in from Toowoomba to Brisbane, only about 2 hours drive away. Anyway I rang the Computer Company (same franchise) in Toowoomba who had said it had been sent and even gave me the tracking code. When the computer hadn’t arrived by mid afternoon I was concerned and check the tracking code of the transport company’s website and sure enough it had been picked up.

To cut a long story short somehow the transport company lost the computer, they don’t know if it was stolen by a walker by or even by the courier himself and no matter how hard we tried they didn’t offer any compensation.

Edited by brettc777

Man that would make me so angry. What's wrong with these people? People pick couriers for 2 reasons: Speed and so they know their thing will get to where it's going. There's just nothing reliable anymore!

Yeah my manager went nuts! he got me to write out a full report of all contacts made and what happened. You think the could get an item from one place reasonable close by to another without letting something getting stolen or them stealing it for themselves!

The courier companies are supposed to offer insurance! This sort of stuff just shouldn't happen. Hate them all!!!

Each area is run by on a Franchise basis. Your level of service will depend more on the driver in that area than the company as a whole. The more you use them, the better they get. Learn abit about the driver - try to be there when they collect so you can say hi and ask them about their day. The more they like you, the more they will bend over backwards to help you out. If they do go out of their way - thank them. Trust me on this.

Cheers, J

that all makes good sense and those are steps I would have implemented, had they turned up in the first place on the days I WAS home.

The couple of times the local courier has come to me I've been hard pressed to even get a hi in. The driver zips in and delivers and gets out doesn't seem interested in small talk or any talk for that matter.

Well, that's the thing. I pretty much figured the way to get a better service would be to become budddies with the driver. So I always WAS there to say g'day and greet him etc. I thought we had a bit of rapport going. So I'm doubly disappointed that he forgot about me. I think the problem is that I don't have sufficient pick-ups to be on the regular run so he's trying to fit me in with other more regular jobs. And I think he doesn't actually write down anywhere that he needs to come here for a pick-up. Just holds it in his head. We'll see what happens once I've had a few more pick-ups.

we had a local courier who came to our shop all the time, so i knew him really well. and one day when i was getting fish delivered, after taking it to my home and finding my dad had gone out, he drove all the way over to the shop and dropped it off to me while i was working! he was a great guy and really did whatever he could to help :D that said, i've had other couriers from out of town flat refuse to even drive to the town i live in to drop off fish, so i couldn't get the fish at all :D

it really is like someone said, but also, i'd imagine it's harder to get to know a courier in a large place like sydney or melbourne than in a dinky little town where the courier is a local!

Well the courier company I'm referring is operated by the drivers who are franchisees. So I always get the same driver. Well there's another pickup today so we'll see if I've embarrassed him sufficiently about the other day.

Damo is the goods recieval administrator for a local winery, so he deals with all the transport companies that come to town, this is great for us as he knows when is the best time to get things sent from where and has a great relationship with them all so that when we need to get things sent or delivered (ie our fishes coming from someone soon!) we know that we will get them straight after they do! As for supposed next day delivery of a certain large company, well, let me just say that Cassi sent VE & MW on thursday and i hope that at least some of them will survive by the time they get their bum moving and get them here. Same as with a package from america that i have been waiting 3 weeks for!!!

You do catch more flies with honey , Ive sucked up that much that my local courier will drop my parcels of at work if Im not at home , it took 3 years to train them but its worth it now.

Ok, well I've not got a post to add to here. I called Fastway on Tuesday and asked when my fish that bettarazzi sent would be delivered, the woman said Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning at the latest. I called just then to see if their prediction of Wednesday afternoon was going to be correct and she's now said that it won't be here until Friday afternoon and to call around 2:30pm to find out. I was irate! it's supposed to take 2 days to get from melbourne not 4! So I said to her 'Well it's a LIVE fish being sent it CAN NOT be left at the depot over the weekend if I expect to have it arrive alive when you FINALLY do get it to me' her excuse was that it gets held up for 1/2 a day at the Brisbane depot before it is send down here...which if I do my maths correctly that would have it arriving here Thursday afternoon....Picked up Monday PM....48 hours later brings us to Wednesday PM arriving at Brisbane...sent out Thursday morning to the Gold Coast and delivered Thursday PM...so what I want to know is what the hell they are doing with the extra 24 hours? Playing put-the-package-through-the-scanner and watch the fish twitch?

I mean honestly... I'm sure it has LIVE FISH and/or RUSH on the package....how thick are these people?

Edited by Fighters4U

I've had this problem... May last year. They've sent them to Sydney no less than 3 times instead of to the Coffs Harbour depot (even though it said on the box ship to Coffs Harbour depot) they ignored it. One of them almost got stuck at the depot over the weekend but Lilli was a miracle worker and took them in for me.

Needless to say I'm now very cautious of courier companies

OMG! This is stressing me out so badly! The packages I sent to Sydney and the Gold Coast didn't go anywhere on Monday night. Just sat at the depot. When the parcels were being picked up, the driver, his assistant and I had a conversation about how the fish couldn't sit at the depot over the weekend.

I know! How dumb are these people..honestly! It's all good though, Shannon called and spoke to the woman (he wasn't in a very good mood) and she's assured him that it will be delivered tomorrow afternoon. Apparently she added some snide comment about specifying that they be sent to the Gold Coast depot in future so we don't lose half a day in the transit from Brisbane down here. I don't understand why they don't notice that the address is a Gold Coast suburb and drop it at the Gold Coast depot to begin with on the way to Brisbane! Surely they'd have to pass through, or very close to the Gold Coast on the way...there's no avoiding it really!

I think the reasoning behind it is that the Semi going to Brisbane is carrying 80% of parcels which are addressed to the Brisbane area, so to save some time they dont stop off at the Gold Coast but send it down on a smaller truck. Not good for poor fishie!

Edited by brettc777

I'm sure she'll be fine, Bettas are fairly hardy fish and she's been in the dark this whole time..not like there's been a lot of light and movement to stress her. I'll post how she is when I get her tomorrow! The Fastway lady and I are going to be having a chat in the morning to make sure she is on the truck down to the Gold Coast and delivered tomorrow afternoon.

Sign in to follow this