Putting young female fry in to adult female tank

brettc777

You know me Mike I like living on the edge! Ill give it a go.... guess my biggest worry is these girls can pretty bitchy.... my white girl challenged for the top... sparred off against the smaller Royal Blue girl... then once she won that she went after the bigger one... i dont think she won that one. So looks like she is in the middle haha

I let you know how it goes!

lol nothing much to see... they go up to the cup and they look at her then swim off, not even a flare! I think she is too small to be a threat. Might let her out in 10 mins... if i come back crying you will know what happened :welcome: nah ill pluck her out quick enough if there is trouble

So far so good. The top ranked girl chased her for all of half a second and thats it... the rest just come over and have a quick look and swim off.

The little girl is exploring... she went up to the Bristlenose Catfish and was staring at it :welcome: like she was saying "what the .... is that"! then followed it up and down the side of the glass.

Looks like i spoke to soon... some of the girls thought it would be fun to chase her and one took a nip at her... so i took her out.

Lesson is boys and girls dont put small bettas that are smaller then 1/3th of the smallest adult betta fish in with the adult bettas.

Might try again in a few weeks when she is bigger and half the size of the adults then see how we go

Archived