fish gas?

Sara_01

:dontknow: does anyone know if fish are supposed to... well... fart? i was just looking at my cumminity tank and a female guppy released a stream of very fine bubbles. i suppose it makes sense that they would but i've never seen it before, granted it's not something i look out for. is it normal? i just want to make sure i don't have some odd desease in my community tank.

@ mods, if this is innaproriate please remove it :lol:

I've never seen that happen but it sounds like it'd be funny to watch! It could be a number of things that I can think of...she could have just gotten lucky....and um had an episode that women often do....or she could be expelling packets of sperm I guess. It's hard to say what I mean without risk of having my post removed my mods lol.

Maybe someone else can say it subtly but with more of a concise description. I'm not sure I can!

Well apparently herring fart... Not the most brilliant clip but...

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

You definitely need to capture the farting guppies on film. You owe it to the planet to document the fish farting phenomenon. :dontknow:

OMG that is soo funny! What I was trying to say earlier (finally worked out a polite and not sure crude way to put it) is that perhaps she had just been hit by one of the males and the pressure had pushed air up there and it was being expelled, somewhat how it happens in humans. I mean what happens to us is likely to happen to them too right? even though they are in water...there's oxygen in water hehe.

Cory's take in air, and let it back out again in suspiciously fart like ways... they also appear to grin when they've done it... :lol:

I've seen goldies do it - no reason why a guppy wouldn't - as they say, even the Queen farts... although she doesn't usually get anyone to pull her finger first...

Archived