Sign in to follow this  
Robbies Betta

FS: Fastway Labels *no longer 4 sale*

wheres mike when you need him? lol he might have been interested in these! oh well if you still got them when he comes back he might give ya a buzz.

Hey kitz go halves with mike :)

where has Michael gone? :scared:

He has gone on a trip to Europe. Should be back in the next few days i think... may even be today! :scold:

I was thinking of bettarazi (Michael) from Melborune who has gone to Europe... maybe Lilli was talking about the other Michael... im confused :scared:

Edited by brettc777

Don't worry guys these tickets are no longer for sale. Rang up fastways to see what their deal on selling labels on, and I can't do it, as it's all suburb based, and they can only b used from the suburb they were bought at, sorry :)

Not sure on selling them, but if you moved house for example, they'd generally do a transfer for you so the tickets could be used with another franchise. Unsure if it is helpful. :)

hmmm does it say the suburb on the labels? are they pre-printed? If they work like couriers please then you should be able to use them anywhere... I use to work as a storeman sending out heaps of crap and prepaid coupons where never suburb based!

they have a code on them. It appears to be suburb based.

I would have bloody well sold mine years ago if I could have.

be interested to know what you find out. i use 3 different couriers, as I ship from 3 different locations. I buy from each and all and don't keep track of which book goes with what suburb. i even deliver and buy direct to/from the main depot.

What are the first 2 letters on the tickets?

Cheers, J

For me I feel they are being dodgy. Shipping labels are printed in mass production and I would highly doubt that the codes serve as a suburb locator. Never ever heard of that when I was dealing with Fastways and Couriers please... Which both work on very similar systems! From my understanding codes are just for tracking.

They just carry around prepaid booklets with them all the time... all I did is just ask for one and then they bill me. So how can they be suburb coded when a Fastways driver usually covers a few suburbs and me not giving them notice... and giving me a book straight away? Wouldn’t they say something like... "oh you need to pre-order it so we can code it for your area". If they coded suburbs there would be a heck of a lot more administration and product costs which I can’t see them doing.

Furthermore when Fastways and Couriers Please do pickups its log into their little handheld computer/scanner... that’s when the suburb is logged... it’s done manually through there scanning device not through the labels. Once they have scanned the label and the suburb is logged with the name of the organisation/personal address it is taken back to the depot... the courier personally take its to the correct loading destination bay and then the driver who goes to that local picks it up and takes to his route... works similar for interstate... the package is put into the interstate bay which is sorted by area and a big semi does a trip down each day. Its then dropped off at the depot and put into the couriers correct bay for that suburb/route then delivered. Once delivered a signature is required or sometimes the courier does the dodge and signs it off himself... which you’re not meant to do ... but happens sometimes if no one is home.

So yeah... I maybe wrong but I dont see why it would be nesscary to have suburb labels... why do they need there little computers then? (apart from tracking) as the heldhand computers do the logging.

well that's what I thought to. Cause all the driver did was hand the book over to me and then just scanned the individual barcodes when I had stuk them on the packages.

The first 2 letters above the barcode thing are OA and then the individual barcode number, don't know if that means anything :)

it's just frusturating, cause you pay "thru the nose" to be polite, and if you don't use them all up you're pretty much screwed

The first 2 letters above the bar code thing are OA and then the individual bar code number, don't know if that means anything :)

They usually have letters because they run out of numbers. Imagine how many of those books they sell across Australia!!! each book and each coupon has a different number, so they go through heaps of numbers! and they all have to be different right across Australia so they can track them individually.

hope that works, cos I've got a stack of unwanted red labels weighing my life down :)

This whole thing just gives me the thing-that-rhymes-with-irits. You pay them up front for a service they haven't yet provided and if you don't end up using all the labels essentially you're paying them for doing nothing.

When I set up my account and bought my first set of labels the sales consultant jotted down the barcode numbers against the name of my driver. The drivers are Fastway franchisees ie running their own courier business in a way. I reckon that either the franchisee gets his cut up front or gets it when the label is used. Either way each label is attached to a franchisee at the time of purchase. But I'd bet anything though that if I were to use one of Robbie's or Lisa's labels my parcel would get delivered regardless. It could just be that the wrong franchisee gets paid for it. Frankly that doesn't bother me because it's their own stupid system.

If Fastway will allow you to transfer your labels to a different suburb (ie a different franchisee) when you move house. Why can't they do that if you tell them you've found someone willing to buy your unused labels? For that matter, how would they know any different if you say that you're moving and need to transfer those labels to be delivered from Oobeegalahbee West?

Perhaps a collective complaint from AAQ might motivate Fastway to do the right thing.

How the system works is that the driver gets a cut out of prepaid labels sold. He also gets a cut out of deliveries coming into his area. All drivers deliveries are kept on the handheld computer when they scan... so when they get back to the depot they upload all the info and thats how they know how much to pay them for parcels coming into there area plus for the purposes of tracking as well.

Normally a driver will go back to the depot 3 or 4 times a day for city runs.

Yep! I reckon that would be ok... but I cant guarantee it! to make sure i would contact fastways. Talk to someone who knows what there talking about and dont let on that you have a question about having already bought them... ask them a questions like.... if i bought this coloured coupons and i moved in the next 6 months to jimbomba would i still be able to use them?

Sign in to follow this