Sign in to follow this  
Fishchick

Shipping with Australian Air Express

After receiving an astonishingly rude/stupid email today I thought I'd clarify something.

Airlines classifies live fish as PERISHABLES, not LIVE ANIMALS.

So fish fall into the same category as flowers.

Significance? No priority.

Under the freight carriers terms and conditions - perishables have a 24hour time frame for shipping.

So if you book a consignment in at 3pm in the afternoon, the freight company has until 3pm the following day to have the item at the destination.

And if they don't? From my experience - tough luck. You can jump up and down and put in a formal complaint if your goods are spoiled, if not??

Usually they are pretty good and the consignment goes that day. However, in peak periods, like school holidays, freight is regularly "bumped" off a flight to make way for passenger luggage. I even had this happen to me with a shipment out of Thailand.

And pertaining to me specifically - the airport is a 130km round trip from holding room and nearly 230km round trip from quarantine room and back home. Both require going through the centre of Brisbane - a slow and hellish nightmare at any time of the day - take your pick - traffic jams or road works.

So it just might be that I don't get your consignment in early enough to make a same day journey. Deal with it.

I've been up since 6am yesterday - busting my butt for 24hrs straight to get shipments out, fish in, water changed, fish fed, etc, so hardly surprising to find I am not particularly impressed with "spoilt brat email tanties" from people with no manners and no common sense. So you haven't heard from me about what's happening with your fish? Let me introduce to Alexander Bell's wonderful invention.....I believe it even comes in a transportable model.

Poor JL :alright: You do a great job :cheer: Need some relaxing time :Drunk_Buddies2:

hehe....knowing how much you run around and that your very busy all the time it’s understandable you need to let some stem off!

I don’t know if I could do all that you do! You must take some super vitamins... or do you just have 100 cups of coffee a day? :Drunk_Buddies2: reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Kramer gets free coffees hehe

I can't say I blame you JL. Just having had to deal with some of the demands I experienced as a hobby breeder/shipper was enough to put me off.

Venting is good. As is the use of a telephone.

lol let me introduce to Alexander Bell's wonderful invention.....I believe it even comes in a transportable model

ahhh that made me laugh someone

There are things that set people off. For you it might be lack of sleep. For me it's humidity. I'm like a crazy person in summer - very very short fuse when I'm sweating. I HATE HEAT!!! Doesn't take much for me to snap over virtually nothing...

Guest ayckorea

If it is all the truth, i will quit this stupid job :alright:

Why have to be suffered :Drunk_Buddies2:

Edited by ayckorea

Sign in to follow this