red dragon show PK

Celeste84

well i really had a good look at my male dragon today, and boy was i surprised! he's really grown a lot in the last few months and i never even noticed!

he's a nice show PK, but not quite HM, more SD. but he has great fin shape (right shaped anal, short thick ventrals that are in line with the tip of the anal fin, and a nice fan shaped dorsal) and 4+ rays, so he has potential :) i never realised his dragon scaling had gotten so broad, when i rescued him there was a thick layer on his head, and then a few light half coloured scales down the side of his body :P

this is him now:

101_6859.jpg

101_6866.jpg

i got him from my LFS, he had been sent to them when he was only tiny, and wasn't coping well at all. took me a few weeks to get him in good health again :< i wish i coulda strangled the supplier, he was only around 10 weeks old :<

he was in this thread before (but never any pics):

http://ausaqua.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=3960

Wow Celeste you must have some good outback pet shop lol. I use to live in Lismore which is getting quite big and there most fancy betta was either a VT white or a crown lol... and you get HM and Dragons and who knows what you or stace will get next week!

How much did you get the dragon for? did they know it was a dragon or was it put into the female tank?

he was $40 i think, either that or $30

and naw it was the copper lace HMRT that was put in with the girls (by the suppliers LOL) :P this little guy was a dragon in the male barracks :)

i know, furrballs is great, always a lot of good fish there! and do you buy from the local breeder in lismore? i got my first betta off her years ago now (she goes to the markets under the square) :)

brett, no idea who they are, but chicken was the healthiest, happiest VT i've ever had :lol: he used to travel on the train with me when i went home for holidays XD

kit, i know, and he's such a fantastic nest builder, i think i'm gonna cross him out to my ER cambo girls, they're half dragon :)

bet, i have nothing against ventral-less fishies, they can look cute too, but i do love to see nice full ventrals on a fish even more so :)

I don't think it would matter which red since the body is dragon anyway. But ER would provide a bit of contrast behind the metallic if there is incomplete covering. If you want to bring this 'line' towards a more HMPK-type show PK, choose whichever female has better HM finnage.

*nods* they're third gen cambos i bred, so i know their genes pretty well :lol: they're from the HM/HMRT line, and the ER i'm thinking of has that realllly long dorsal, almost a DT dorsal :)

edit:

here's some pics of the female i have in mind, the first one is without a flash, the second one is with a flash. she has massive fins, they're almost twice the length of her sisters! i know her topline isn't perfect, but she makes up for it with a strong body :) she's half dragon as well, which is an advantage, and her anal and caudal fins are joined partially, just like her mum's was, which is interesting :) she's not HM, but she's close to it, and being from a HM line she'll have the genes to improve the finnage in the line.

101_6887.jpg

101_6888.jpg

Archived